NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trea Turner 2017 Outlook

Fuzzy_Slippers

Just now, Gryfter said:

You believe everything you read in the papers/online? =)

Front offices/coaching staffs are not always forthright in the statuses of their players. 

Believe me, I cant wait to plug him back in my lineup and forget about him, hopefully for the rest of the season.

He stole a bag though Wednesday, so they must genuinely be feeling pretty good about him. I was hoping he'd be back by the weekend and I started him on a weekly team that's squeezed by injuries. Hopefully he spends the weekend on a rehab and gets activated on Monday.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Caelum said:

He stole a bag though Wednesday, so they must genuinely be feeling pretty good about him. I was hoping he'd be back by the weekend and I started him on a weekly team that's squeezed by injuries. Hopefully he spends the weekend on a rehab and gets activated on Monday.

Ah I see. Well, hope hes definitely back on Monday for that series...IN COLORADO.

Edited by Gryfter

5 hours ago, b0nfire said:

Mark Zuckerman‏Verified account @MarkZuckerman  10h10 hours ago

More

Trea Turner got 5 ABs in West Palm Beach today, tripled. Dusty said he'll be with team in NY tomorrow, may not start til Saturday, though.

YES. Eato has been hitting pretty well, any chance he retains the leadoff spot? Do they plan on easing Turner in at all?

1 hour ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

If he's played rehab games, is activated, why exactly would you have him on the bench tonight vs starting?

Grrrrrr

Dusty wanted Trea to sit beside him during tonight's game so that he could impart some Dusty wisdom upon the youngster.

52 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Is he going to leadoff or are they going to put him in the 2 hole with Eaton leading off?

Does it really matter? I think he'll be leadoff, but Eaton has been great. If he slides in front of Harper that might even be better.

19 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Batting 2nd today. Happy Yahoo SS eligibility day! ?

Which was where he should have been batting all along.

5 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

Meh. Less Sbs. That's why we have him.

Why less steals?  Sometimes Eaton doesn't bat a thousand in a game so he isn't "blocking" the basepaths in front of Turner.  And sometimes he is on and there will be Happy Double Steal time stuff going on cause Eaton is in the line-up to steal too.  And sometimes Eaton is on and Trea just decides to hit a homer and gets an extra RBI via Eaton instead of the pitcher who probably would not have been on base for him.  Best of both possible worlds.

17 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

Alright u guys, ill be positive but u seem to be banking on double steal scenarios happening a lot. 

No.  I also think Eaton won't hit 1.000 and neither will Trea.  It will be a very small minority of times they will find themselves on 1B and 2B together. 

And if Trea gets a hit and Eaton is on 1B, given Eaton's running ability the majority of the time the hit is into the outfield he should end up at 3B making Trea stealing 2B even more of a sure thing.  (Throw through to 2B and risk Eaton scoring from 3B).

Also people have posted here in the past that the most productive stat position in the roster for you fantasy baseball player to have is #2.  You don't want Trea to just steal bases.  Trea is too good just to be a mere rabbit.  The reason he was going so high in this year's draft was the golden label of "5 tool guy".  Not cause he can steal only.

You want him to knock in some runs too and with a fast base runner ahead of him he has a better chance.  A double should drive in Eaton from 1B.  More so then having the pitcher or the flat-footed catcher ahead of him which, btw, clogs up the bases more for the lead-off batter post first inning then the guy in the two hole.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Y'all know me, still the same old Trea T, but been on the DL. Hated on by most these fantasy players with no fortitude, no patience, and no tolerance. Mad at me because I'm young and was going in the first or second round. Did y'all think I'm gonna lose my skills, please. Who you think hit .342 with 13 home runs and 33 steals in only 324 PAs. People forgot about Trea. 

7 minutes ago, Spuds said:

Y'all know me, still the same old Trea T, but been on the DL. Hated on by most these fantasy players with no fortitude, no patience, and no tolerance. Mad at me because I'm young and was going in the first or second round. Did y'all think I'm gonna lose my skills, please. Who you think hit .342 with 13 home runs and 33 steals in only 324 PAs. People forgot about Trea.