NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trea Turner 2017 Outlook

Fuzzy_Slippers

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Joking aside, I would actually love to see some SBs.

They will come. I expected him to be a bit cautious on the paths at first coming back from a Hammy strain, that's always the issue with speedsters.

Huge game, welcome back Trea! All that damage done without Harper and Rendon (hitting) too, those Nats are scary.

Edited by swfcdan

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

They will come. I expected him to be a bit cautious on the paths at first coming back from a Hammy strain, that's always the issue with speedsters.

Huge game, welcome back Trea! All that damage done without Harper and Rendon (hitting) too, those Nats are scary.

I feel like he is less likely to steal right in front of Harper. Turner is essentially in scoring position at first base with his speed and Harper's bat. I mean he scored on a misplayed single from Harper last night from first base.

It will be interesting what happens between Eaton and Turner, and what Dusty's plan is.

The Nats broadcast had a twitter poll on who fans would rather see at the top. I didn't stick around for the results and conversation, but it seems like it is at 50/50 right now. I am trying not to care and just enjoy. If anything, with Zimm and Murphy hitting well and Harper back to MVP levels, I would almost rather have Turner 2nd. His run total won't be impacted, and his RBI chances will increase significantly with Eaton's high OBP compared to the pitcher.

4 minutes ago, mtblock said:

The Nats broadcast had a twitter poll on who fans would rather see at the top. I didn't stick around for the results and conversation, but it seems like it is at 50/50 right now. 

It was:

37% Turner

26% Eaton

37% Both

49 minutes ago, mtblock said:

I feel like he is less likely to steal right in front of Harper. Turner is essentially in scoring position at first base with his speed and Harper's bat. I mean he scored on a misplayed single from Harper last night from first base.

It will be interesting what happens between Eaton and Turner, and what Dusty's plan is.

Why would Dusty put a potential 40-50 SB guy in front of Harper when he could put a potential 15-20 SB guy there ?

Edited by Brooklyn Dude

8 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Why would Dusty put a potential 40-50 SB guy in front of Harper when he could put a potential 15-20 SB guy there ?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic here or not, but he's 2nd again tonight.

I think a duplicate of last night is too much to ask, but it would be nice.

I wouldn't make this comparison after his rookie season, but now that we're past that and he's still completely electric I think his prime years will resemble that of Jose Reyes. Maybe a little lighter in the steals but probably not by much and he might even have more pop. This brings me great joy as a fantasy baseball player and great consternation as a Met fan.

9 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

I wouldn't make this comparison after his rookie season, but now that we're past that and he's still completely electric I think his prime years will resemble that of Jose Reyes. Maybe a little lighter in the steals but probably not by much and he might even have more pop. This brings me great joy as a fantasy baseball player and great consternation as a Met fan.

yep... have to think with the move towards hitting the ball in the air for most players/teams that his hrs will hold sold in the 20's

3 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

My "fears" of less steals hitting out of the 2 spot are becoming reality...but it could just be due to him entering xbh god mode. But seriously any worries he doesn't steal 40-50 bags? I did draft lite on sbs outside of him and really need em

no worries at all.... the 2 spot, xbh, hold very little importance for me on his sb total if he hits anywhere near 290

if he continues to hit the sb will come in bunches

Well, we're gonna get what we were hoping for...Trea will probably move up to lead off, at the expense of Eaton.

That injury looked bad...wished it didnt happen like that for Trea to get SB opportunities.

Edited by Gryfter