NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Berrios 2017 Outlook

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

No Berrios. 

They're still down a starter though right? So still a decent chance he gets the call next time they need a 5th. Or am I misreading that?  

8 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

They're still down a starter though right? So still a decent chance he gets the call next time they need a 5th. Or am I misreading that?  

I see it the same way as you. They're going to need SP #5 next week. 

6 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Yeah I think I heard they won't need a 5th SP so still a possibility. And Kyle Gibson getting tagged right now too. May be soon enough. 

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

Yeah I think I heard they won't need a 5th SP so still a possibility. And Kyle Gibson getting tagged right now too. May be soon enough. 

Yeah I think I read they dont need a 5th imminently. Still if people grabbed him proactively I wouldn't drop quite yet. Should be soon. 

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

No Berrios. 

No this has nothing to do with Berrios being called up or not. They called up a long reliever to help the bullpen until they need a 5th starter. When they need a 5th starter, I still expect Berrios to get the call.

37 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Time to make the move.  Nothing left to prove in the minors.  You have to find out if he has what it takes or needs to become a closer. 

He was sent to minors to build his endurance up after getting little work in the spring deciding to pitch in the WBC and actually pitching much in it. He was behind schedule in preparing for the season. 

What is a good sign is throwing 102 pitches. How is body responds will be the test. 

41 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Time to make the move.  Nothing left to prove in the minors.  You have to find out if he has what it takes or needs to become a closer. 

We said that last season. I am not going to drop a proven vet like say Wacha or an upside youngster like Ross for this guy after last years disaster

Just now, urban2014 said:

We said that last season. I am not going to drop a proven vet like say Wacha or an upside youngster like Ross for this guy after last years disaster

I had spot so I went ahead and stashed him.  Wont hurt me if he sucks and I drop him.

• oswald737 locked and unlocked this topic