NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Berrios 2017 Outlook

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here comes another ER to completely trash the stat line on the day....Still encouraging to see him pitch well for 5 innings after the first...

Well, now that his line is ruined... err, I mean closed, I guess it's time to move on to the fact that this was actually an encouraging start beyond the first inning and his manager screwing things up at the end.  If this is going to be some of his worst, then I'll be alright in the long run.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatUnwashed said:

I'm thinking the last run might not be an ER  thus salvaging the QS. The runners advanced on a passed ball which I thought was treated like an error. The last run wouldn't have scored on the sac fly because he'd be on 2nd base. 

If the score worked to the spirit of the game, yeah you'd be right but technically there was an ibb right after, which moved the runner to 3rd so I don't think we are getting that qs.

2 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

If the score worked to the spirit of the game, yeah you'd be right but technically there was an ibb right after, which moved the runner to 3rd so I don't think we are getting that qs.

Correct, you cant assume the guy at the plate would have made an out.

11 minutes ago, mose316 said:

Not bad considering. Tough place to pitch.

Thank you. For showing a logical response to this outing.

I swear to God Mike trout ruined fantasy baseball in 2012.

It's the Kid's first trip to Fenway. Rebounds from a disastrous first inning. Stays composed. Makes it to the 7th inning again. Bullpen fails him. Still only gives up 4ER. 

1 minute ago, High&Inside said:

It's the Kid's first trip to Fenway. Rebounds from a disastrous first inning. Stays composed. Makes it to the 7th inning again. Bullpen fails him. Still only gives up 4ER. 

all the anger is directed towards molitor

1 minute ago, High&Inside said:

Chance there might just be 3 and it's a QS

On 5/18/2017 at 11:02 PM, DerekQ said:

Hate to rain on the parade, but any savy  fantasy player realizes that perspectives need to be kept in check. More than likely from July-September he's going to get tagged.

Called it?

Why are they already treating him like he's the ace and workhorse of their staff? Because he is I guess, but the kid's just breaking through into the majors for christ sake.

Sending him back out for the 7th at 90+ pitches was idiotic, especially as there was quite a lot of high stress pitches early on. Then bringing in the abysmal Belisle to get out of a jam was even more stupid.

Seems like Molitors another buffoon manager who just looks at pitch counts and thinks "oh he's under 100, lets let him go out for one more frame or at least until he gets into trouble, so we can pull him and put in a donkey to score the men on base"

2ER in 6 at Fenway would have done the world of confidence for a young kid. But hopefully he still feels upbeat about the way he handled it.

7 hours ago, DerekQ said:

Called it?

Is this serious? 

1) It's not even July yet (your time frame)

2) 4 ER @ BOS is "getting tagged"?

3) By "getting tagged" you didn't mean repeatedly roughed up, you meant one start? 

4) Way to "call it," I suppose, as likely only Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale may not "get tagged" some time between July & Sept, according to your loose definition. You went out on a limb there! 

60 IP, 2.98 ERA, .98 WHIP 

The kid has been spectacular.