NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Justin Verlander 2017 Outlook

taobball

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 100% feel very uncomfortable about starting him tonight. There is a glimmer of hope however - he did have 3 starts last year vs Cle with 7+ ip, 4 hits or less, 2ER or less. There's been no inbetween though. Cleveland has either smacked him, or he tossed a gem. Hoping for the latter...

Why is everyone so scared that he is starting versus Cleveland?

Current roster is batting .251 AVG with .745 OPS against him. Yeah that's decent but not to the degree that you guys are taking it. Start your studs.

With that said, MY GAWD; Lindy, Jose, Carlos, and Lonnie destroy him. Over half of Carlos's hits have been home runs (8), is only batting .217 vs him, but has a .912 OPS. 

Source: http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/dailyhit.pl

E: Hopefully most of this data is pre-Kate Upton Justin. 

Edited by Fenamo
Clarification

He's two-start this week. Unless you really need this start for your K/W/QS totals or your opponent has already blown their ratios for the week, I think the move is to bench. Start your studs, but maybe bench them occasionally if they're repeatedly getting poor results against one team.

4 minutes ago, Fenamo said:

Why is everyone so scared that he is starting versus Cleveland?

Current roster is batting .251 AVG with .745 OPS against him. Yeah that's decent but not to the degree that you guys are taking it. Start your studs.

With that said, MY GAWD; Lindy, Jose, Carlos, and Lonnie destroy him. Over half of Carlos's hits have been home runs (8), is only batting .217 vs him, but has a .912 OPS. 

Source: http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/dailyhit.pl

E: Hopefully most of this data is pre-Kate Upton Justin. 

What is going to drive me crazy, is that I have Brantley, Ramirez, and Santana. They did diddly squat against Norris, but now that I have Verlander and Fulmer going, they are probably going to go off. Just a poor circumstance.

on Verlander, I am hoping for 6-7 IP with 3ER with a HR from one of my guys. In reality, it will probably be 6-7 ER and none of my guys are involved.

Full-count, man on third - throws 99 gas to K the last out in the 6th. Impressive bounce-back. Still no one warming up in the pen so looks like he's going out for another go. 

Going to get plenty of run support all year especially once JD gets back. Id say your time to buy-low is running short. His velo's back and by the time he reestablishes his control the window will have slammed shut.

Edited by ZChronicNebula

Verlander goes out there to start the inning with 100 pitches and of course walks one and then allows a single

I know their bullpen is unreliable and Verlander usually is fine in that situation but my god it's still annoying

7 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Full-count, man on third - throws 99 gas to K the last out in the 6th. Impressive bounce-back. Still no one warming up in the pen so looks like he's going out for another go. 

Going to get plenty of run support all year especially once JD gets back. Id say your time to buy-low is running short. His velo's back and by the time he reestablishes his control the window will have slammed shut.

He threw 99 to strike out Mathis last inning with a grunt, I thought, GREAT,  he's done, good outing in Coors south.!  QS, and probably a win.  NOPE, He's put back out there for the 7th.  Bad managing.

26 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

exactly what I was sayin.  Beast mode approaching...