NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Paxton 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, Z06vette said:

Good;Tigers hitting .224 against lefties.

Bad: Tigers hitting .284 at home.

Last 7 days Tigers hitting .289

Night games .304

Paxton's record against the Tigers is 1-1 with 3.86 ERA.

I understand some guys have looked at all this and some haven't, due to not enough time due to work etc..Hopefully this can help some.

Not trying to devalue your work for looking that stuff up, but average really doesn't tell the story. I will say, however, that the advanced metrics show the Tigers hit lefties very well. Their entire lineup will be right handed tonight against Pax, so it will not be an easy outing.

Regardless of what the splits say, we're all starting him anyway. 

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lbjames6 said:

Not trying to devalue your work for looking that stuff up, but average really doesn't tell the story. I will say, however, that the advanced metrics show the Tigers hit lefties very well. Their entire lineup will be right handed tonight against Pax, so it will not be an easy outing.

Today goes my first SP of the week, so I get to treat it like a Monday. Fire em up!!

11 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

It has helped me in the past and this year. Nope, not perfect, for sure. Then again, I'm not sure any method is.  Not much work, but thanks for being respectful. Actually, I was a bit shocked, around 13% seem to have him on the bench in CBS leagues.

Edited by Z06vette