NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Paxton 2017 Outlook

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, UberRebel said:

Wish I started him on all the three teams I had.

(Yes, I like him so much I drafted him on every team).

You own him on THREE teams? What a rebel!!!

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

What do you guys think about J-Pax tonight? Twins are 21st in overall runs scored and 18th in runs scored against LHP. 

Always. Start. Your. Studs.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Insightful post. Will do. 

sorry lol 3.13 ERA in 2016-2017, even better in just 2017. I just mean, what are you asking what we think? he's been very good, twins not so much vs LHp. we think paxton will he good tonight? 

His midgame and start to start drops in velocity concern me a little bit. Severino and Thor consistently pump high 90s gas throughout the game in their outings, but Paxton ranges anywhere from 94-99. Tonight I only saw him hit 98 once and saw mostly 94-95.

Maybe I'm just not used to watching a starter who throws so hard and this is fairly normal. Makes me wonder though if he's fully healthy.

9 hours ago, bradwatson said:

His midgame and start to start drops in velocity concern me a little bit. Severino and Thor consistently pump high 90s gas throughout the game in their outings, but Paxton ranges anywhere from 94-99. Tonight I only saw him hit 98 once and saw mostly 94-95.

Maybe I'm just not used to watching a starter who throws so hard and this is fairly normal. Makes me wonder though if he's fully healthy.

Well he did just come back from the DL...was out for what, a month? I think this is normal after a DL stint for a forearm issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by lbjames6
2 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Well he did just come back from the DL...was out for what, a month? I think this is normal after a DL stint for a forearm issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Well that thought definitely crossed my mind, but in his first start back from the DL he came out throwing 97-98 in the first inning and then was throwing 94-95 in the middle innings before getting back up to high 90s again in the 5th inning.

I don't know if there is anything to it, it's just something I noticed. I think we all value Paxton very high based on his high 90s heat from the left side. If he throws mid 90s I think his value drops a little bit - not a ton, but definitely some. I think that's pretty obvious. And hopefully it's not indicative of any sort of arm troubles.

I would want more than Pillar

i think some are waiting to see another start 

i know it dies the matter of the next start isn't great .

He'll find it and I'll be happy I kept him in all three leagues .

Thanks to mysonx3 ?

8 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Feeling optimistic about his start against Toronto today. Toronto is 26th in runs scored against LHP and 25th in OPS. Go get 'em, big Pax.

I need a big game from him. His last start was kinda meh, but sometimes pitchers lose their edge when given a 200 run lead. Toronto has been hitting better as of late, but I'm hopeful for a good start. 

Ugh DL him already...he cannot get anybody out right now

3 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

2 Bad starts and we are desperate to unload?

I don't understand this sh%$.  

Look he was not keeping an ERA under 2.00 all season in the AL.

Healthy or not he had to regress.

He cannot even get past the 4th inning now...this is beyond regression. This is now a question of whether he can get out AAA batters at this point

Edited by Dr. Whom
5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He cannot even get past the 4th inning now...this is beyond regression. This is now a question of whether he can get out AAA batters at this point

Hes struggling to throw strikes. Nothing's been reported but I'm thinking it's related to the forearm strain. Just hasn't been right. Hope I'm wrong.