NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Paxton 2017 Outlook

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, floppy said:

think he keeps this up? in the top names like the darvish's of the world ROS? little skeptical. hope im wrong though

He absolutely has the ability. As has been said already, really the only question is whether or not he can stay off the DL. 

3 hours ago, Stutin said:

Ranked#9 in my fantasy league :) 

I got him after his 2 bad outings, rolling since!!

lucky you, this guy is a legit top 5...or maybe just outside at like 6 depends how u rank him with Grienke and Kluber

Edited by jfazz23
On 7/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, floppy said:

think he keeps this up? in the top names like the darvish's of the world ROS? little skeptical. hope im wrong though

hes ahead of darvish, i put him behind kershaw,sale,scherzer and right there with grienke, kluber and maybe a few others

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, twistedude said:

Man, Paxton has been dealing over the past month +. Where do you guys foresee him being ranked next season? Top 10 pitcher for sure. Does he knock on the door of top 5?

Don't scare me like that. You see a SP thread randomly pop up on the day he hasn't pitched (especially with Paxton) can give you a heart attack.

I think he will always be discounted because of the injury aspect. He can't help your team if he's not playing. I can see in the CMart ballpark next year.

1 hour ago, twistedude said:

Man, Paxton has been dealing over the past month +. Where do you guys foresee him being ranked next season? Top 10 pitcher for sure. Does he knock on the door of top 5?

Top 10 is pretty likely if he keeps this up. Can't see top 5. The top 4 are just so established between Kershaw, Max, Sale, and Kluber. And there are a bunch of guys vying for #5: deGrom, Strasburg, Darvish, Bumgarner, Severino, etc.

Although Pax is currently 7th in my 5 category QS league.

I'd say he'll be right around #10.

The one year I don't own him anywhere is the year that he does this...you're all welcome! 

And he's definitely a top 10 pitcher going into next year. Top 5-6 upside, but he's an injury risk which knocks him down a few pegs

Announcers saying that it is a pectoral strain.  Everything needs to be pain free with him to be dominant so hoping they will DL him for a while so I can put in an injury replacement.  Like Rodon.

27 minutes ago, elrey said:

It's not arm related, the M's are in the middle of a playoff run and there's 2 months left in the season. He needs to toughen up and pitch through it

While it's not an arm injury per se, a pec is definitely arm-related.  Hope KPax is alright