NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trevor Story 2017 Outlook

urban2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Why do people hate Trevor Story so much that they start coming up with "alternative facts?" This thread is hilarious. 

Storee's homerz are fake newz created by a mass shadow cunspiracee who want u too beleeve that hes got 70 grade power when he got like 40 grade.  Mind cuntrol.

34 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Thanks for the links. Lots of opinion pieces. Of note as many pointed out, Desmond had 24 & 27 errors in 2014 & 2105, respectively. 2nd most in MLB both seasons. He was moved away from SS for a reason. His versatility includes LF & 1B. I can't imagine he gets more than 5 games at SS. 

he was moved from SS when he went to Texas who already had Andrus. 

6 minutes ago, jb_power said:

and isn't that exactly what every post in this thread has been?

It's not even speculation, what are we talking about at this point? Texas signed Desmond to play in the outfield. He wasn't going to play short.

Is this the only thread where non-owners come in to troll & chastise? Genuinely curious. I spend some time talking about the guys I own, I can't imagine spending my day trolling about players I don't even own. I might share my opinion on a guy (particularly if I'm looking to buy), but would never spend so much time discussing a guy I don't like. Weird phenomena going on here. 

9 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Yes but earlier someone was chastised for speculating and not providing " facts". 

2014 & 2015 Desmond had 50+ errors combined & finished 2nd both seasons in MLB in errors. Fact.

Desmond signed with Texas to play OF. Fact. 

Desmond signed with COL to play 1B & maybe some OF. Fact.

But please, tell me more about how he may replace Story at SS because batting average 4 weeks into the season. ?

15 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Is this the only thread where non-owners come in to troll & chastise? Genuinely curious. I spend some time talking about the guys I own, I can't imagine spending my day trolling about players I don't even own. I might share my opinion on a guy (particularly if I'm looking to buy), but would never spend so much time discussing a guy I don't like. Weird phenomena going on here. 

2 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

I have Story on 3-4 teams. I also see quite a few Rockie games every week. As it being the only thread where only non owners come into post that seems doubtful and as a reference, I doubt that many people own Buxton. 

Guilty conscience much?

1 minute ago, Low and Away said:

I have Story on 3-4 teams. I also see quite a few Rockie games every week. As it being the only thread where only non owners come into post that seems doubtful and as a reference, I doubt that many people own Buxton. 

Buxton has likely burned many owners in past who bought into him, especially in keeper leagues.  Some people probably come in there out of spite.  Story has really done nothing but slug at pretty prolific rates for a SS in his short time in the league.  So the amount of hysteria around proclaiming him a "sell, dump, bust, loser etc" is kind of strange because no owner has been spurned by him to date.

5 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Indeed, it's one of the very few.. The main reason they do it, is so they can come back and say "I told you so, I told you"! You can tell pretty easy who is here to contribute to the forum and who is here strictly for their benefit and couldn't care less about anyone else (I think you commented on that the other day). 

Jyeatbvg still comes back a year later to try and act like he was right in April last year.. it's literally been 365+ days and he's still hanging on to that possibility he can come back and say "Told ya so".. 

11 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

For some scrub that's good defensively, until Story figures it out. But he has a small window to figure it out before Rodgers gets the call. 

I just saw this but, lololololololololololol dude is in HiA 

qr4V0.gif

Edited by JenksDodger