NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trevor Story 2017 Outlook

I've always liked Story's ability to adjust. He wasn't the uber prospect gliding through the minors. He struggled for a period at A+ and adjusted; then at AA and adjusted. Hell, after his hot streak at the beginning of last year, pitchers cooled him off for a bit before he started cooking again prior to the injury. His monthly OPS numbers in 2016 went 1.019-.769-.893-.992. If you're in any position to be patient with Story, I'd do it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Heater is coming. I can feel it in my bones.

I think you meant to put an "r" at the end instead of an "s."

On 5/29/2017 at 4:38 PM, The Answer said:

Sell sell sell

You really think so?  I do worry about his all or nothing approach and that makes me think he is more a of a 90-120 ranked player rather then a top 50 player.  I am just curious if others agree?  Is there enough evidence to still suggest he can be that top 50 guy?

3 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

You really think so?  I do worry about his all or nothing approach and that makes me think he is more a of a 90-120 ranked player rather then a top 50 player.  I am just curious if others agree?  Is there enough evidence to still suggest he can be that top 50 guy?

The thing i think that detracts most from his value is it looks like hes not stealing any bases any more.  I was hoping for 40 combined hr/sbs, which for a ss arguably puts you in the top 50, but not sure about that anymore....that being said, i still think he can hit 25/30 hrs once coors starts heating up....

How dare you only get a 2 RBI single when you had the bases loaded. Don't you know that Rogers is breathing down your neck all the way from Lancaster? 

333/357/519 slash over the past 7 games.  Rockies commentators mentioned he added launch angle to his swing preseason, and removed after this recent DL stint.  

Either way, his approach and demeanor are vastly improved. Taking counts deep, good early cuts, and numbers to back it up.

Will he be the #1 overall SS? No.  Top 10 ROS?  Possible. 

36 minutes ago, tsh00k said:

333/357/519 slash over the past 7 games.  Rockies commentators mentioned he added launch angle to his swing preseason, and removed after this recent DL stint.  

Either way, his approach and demeanor are vastly improved. Taking counts deep, good early cuts, and numbers to back it up.

Will he be the #1 overall SS? No.  Top 10 ROS?  Possible. 

yea his extreme flyball direction wasn't doing him any good. Sounds good that he's ditched that approach.

Approach is good also, today he fouled off a lot of pitches until he got good ones to hit.