NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trevor Story 2017 Outlook

urban2014

27 minutes ago, cs3 said:

of course you were right all along that all every advanced defensive metric says Desmond was much better than Story is.

so I'll just make a meaningless flame post and ignore all those numbers instead.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to thank you guys for the riveting debate this past week. 

Like most of you, I play in a fantasy league that uses defensive metrics as categories. I was having trouble valuing Desmond, but after these dignified discussions over his UZR, I really have a strong hold on his defensive acumen and believe I am now prepared to make a run at my league championship. 

I could not have done it without you all. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Rainyy said:

I just wanted to thank you guys for the riveting debate this past week. 

Like most of you, I play in a fantasy league that uses defensive metrics as categories. I was having trouble valuing Desmond, but after these dignified discussions over his UZR, I really have a strong hold on his defensive acumen and believe I am now prepared to make a run at my league championship. 

I could not have done it without you all. Thank you. 

Not this again. Look, this discussion is centered around fiveoh's repeated implications that there are approximately 24 players on Colorado's roster that play better shortstop than Trevor Story and that he should thus be losing playing time to them.

Playing time does directly relate to fantasy stats, and if fiveoh is going to continue to post these falsities, we're going to be forced to repeatedly explain common sense to everyone reading the thread. 

11 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

fiveoh's repeated implications that there are approximately 24 players on Colorado's roster that play better shortstop than Trevor Story and that he should thus be losing playing time to them.

Playing time does directly relate to fantasy stats, and if fiveoh is going to continue to post these falsities, we're going to be forced to repeatedly explain common sense to everyone reading the thread. 

The only "falsities" are that I said anything about "losing playing time" to "24 players". This whole discussion first came up back on page 35 when Story was injured. So he was out anyway and someone had to fill in.

I simply said that from watching Desmond, I know he was better than Story. I proved this. You're butthurt because of it. End of Story, no pun intended.

Edited by Fiveohnine

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

we're going to be forced to repeatedly explain common sense to everyone reading the thread. 

You're not forced to do anything. People are choosing to respond again and again to a topic that has no fantasy relevance for multiple days now. It was fine to correct him initially, but the whole fiasco has carried on long enough. 

If a person wants to talk about silly stuff, just ignore him and he'll eventually stop. 

7/21 4R 1HR 8RBI and a triple since the break. He did have the normal Story 0-4 4K's last night, but let's hope he can keep this going. I know he won't hit over a .300 clip, but I'll take .265-.275 at this point.

4 minutes ago, laracco said:

7/21 4R 1HR 8RBI and a triple since the break. He did have the normal Story 0-4 4K's last night, but let's hope he can keep this going. I know he won't hit over a .300 clip, but I'll take .265-.275 at this point.

I'll take .250!!! 

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Tell me a Brandon Rogers Story? 

He was a contestant on America's got talent that passed away.  Brendan Rodgers however is a stud prospect for the Rockies. And Story is still a terrible hitter. 

49 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

He was a contestant on America's got talent that passed away.  Brendan Rodgers however is a stud prospect for the Rockies. And Story is still a terrible hitter. 

Judging by your posts everyone is a terrible hitter.  Goldy sucks, Stanton just too inconsistent, Moustakas homers are too Hans Solo for your liking.  Not sure you'd know what a terrible hitter was even if you owned Alcides Escobar.

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Judging by your posts everyone is a terrible hitter.  Goldy sucks, Stanton just too inconsistent, Moustakas homers are too Hans Solo for your liking.  Not sure you'd know what a terrible hitter was even if you owned Alcides Escobar.

You got it wrong, Goldy is a top 5 hitter, just needs to remember it.  Stanton is just that, inconsistent, has tremendous power but blindly flails at too many pitches just like he did all weekend in Cincy.  Moustakas is inconsistent as well, nothing was ever mentioned about how many runs his HR's brought in, just that he cant consistently get on base.  Good try though rook.  Story is hitting a robust .237, I guess thats something to be proud of?

Edited by jdbob11

32 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

You got it wrong, Goldy is a top 5 hitter, just needs to remember it.  Stanton is just that, inconsistent, has tremendous power but blindly flails at too many pitches just like he did all weekend in Cincy.  Moustakas is inconsistent as well, nothing was ever mentioned about how many runs his HR's brought in, just that he cant consistently get on base.  Good try though rook.  Story is hitting a robust .237, I guess thats something to be proud of?

Most batters are "inconsistent". This is baseball- a game notorious for hot streaks and cold streaks

Edited by hailtoyourvictor

1 hour ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Most batters are "inconsistent". This is baseball- a game notorious for hot streaks and cold streaks

Don't bother with this guy. He thinks that consistency means they bring in stats every single week. See the Giancarlo thread. 

10 hours ago, bradwatson said:

I'll take his last two weeks of production for the rest of the season plz, TIA.

I play in a bit of an odd league that gives a boost to infielders, but Yahoo! has him as the 13th ranked player there over the last two weeks. If he can keep anything close to this up, I will be very happy I stayed patient.

• 2 weeks later...