NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How far down is Kendrys Morales from EE?

I think Kendrys is pretty underrated.  30 Hrs in  pitchers park.  Kauffman stadium supresses Hrs pretty good.

Pierce is no Bautista but he does murder lefties and Bautista's injury history would factor in to projecting anyway.

I predict very little dropoff for JD.

7 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

How far down is Kendrys Morales from EE?

I think Kendrys is pretty underrated.  30 Hrs in  pitchers park.  Kauffman stadium supresses Hrs pretty good.

Pierce is no Bautista but he does murder lefties and Bautista's injury history would factor in to projecting anyway.

I predict very little dropoff for JD.

Morales' best wRC+ in the last six years was 136. Encarnacion's worst was 134.

16 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Oh don't get me wrong I'd rather have EE.

But Morales is a different player now and his last 2 years of WRC+ were solid, especially 2015.  

Last year's wRC+ was actually below his career average.

Why do you think he's a different player now? His numbers are pretty similar (not that he's not a good player)

• 2 weeks later...

Donaldson should benefit with Joey Bats back even if Batista's bat still isn't entirely back.  It lengthens the line-up and takes some pressure off of Donaldson I think.  To have lost both Batista and Encarnacion would have been far worse for him though obviously it would have been better if it was Encarnacion staying over Batista.

BTW Donaldson had a cameo on last night's Vikings episode.  He was the older brother of the young man who volunteered to be sacrificed so that The Great Heathen Army's (it's real historic name) invasion of England would go well.  Google his name and Vikings and you can see some images etc online.  Maybe even a YouTube of the scene, haven't checked yet.  He has been a huge fan of the show from the beginning and introduced the Ragnar hair style to baseball so I know he loved doing it.

They usually repeat the last episode the following week before the new one so anyone interested and missing it can catch it at 8PM EST on the History Channel.  Just remember he is in the sacrifice scene talking to Queen Lagertha.  The actress in turn is from Toronto and is a big Jays fan.  Full circle.

• 2 months later...

He looks better all the time and I think he can get into the top 3-4 easy this year. Better eye, working on swing more, he really is such a pleasure to own and I have no problem taking him at 6 overall this year with Joey B back.

• 2 weeks later...

Donaldson said he expects to be ready for Tuesday and that it was just tightness.  Could be legit, or could be another case of an athlete that''s overconfident in their healing powers. 

Edited by Carlos Correa
16 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Donaldson said he expects to be ready for Tuesday and that it was just tightness.  Could be legit, or could be another case of an athlete that''s overconfident in their healing powers. 

Good news.  Let's hope it was just that.