NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started off the day with a double and a walk, then promptly K'ed 3 times and looked pretty awful each time.  Looked particularly overmatched in the last one against Brandon Workman.  Yuck.

Guy just looks uncomfortable at the plate.  He's got to be dealing with a few ailments to look this bad.

8 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

he's hilariously bad right now!!  Have you guys been benching?

When I traded for him before his return from injury, I thought he was a set and forget.  Next week he will be firmly planted on my bench.  His strikeouts worry me that something is very wrong.

16 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

When I traded for him before his return from injury, I thought he was a set and forget.  Next week he will be firmly planted on my bench.  His strikeouts worry me that something is very wrong.

Got to be playing hurt!

4 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

he's hilariously bad right now!!  Have you guys been benching?

He's been benched since the second month of the season in the three leagues I have him in.  Of course his back-up in two, Ryon Healy, decided to go south with Josh as well.  Hope they are enjoying the tropics together.  Meanwhile I'm down to an Atlanta utility player (Camargo) in one league manning 3B, hah.

Still say getting away from his Ragnar Lothbrok look has loosed the curse of the Norse gods upon him.  OTOH I have no idea what deities Healy pissed off.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Seriously,  if Dahl gets back and plays at least 4 out of 7 games in August,  this guy is in going to waivers. He is basically not doing anything this season. Waivers players have better stats. Yes he was hurt for a while,  but this is dismal 

12 hours ago, chud12 said:

It's taken me long enough but I am finally benching this guy in favor of Gurriel. Damn Josh has been so bad.  

Doing the same. The lack of production is killing me, and also Gurriel is in a better lineup. Seems like Smoak is the lone bright spot in that TOR lineup this year.

20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Huh?  Two words.  Justin! Smoak!  Well Osuna too but I don't own him, alas.

I have 4 actually. Osuna's been great, Stro Show too.  And Russell Martin hasn't been bad lately.  

So, I guess I'm 2.5/4 on my Jays.

Guys im benching him today -  guarantee hes gonna tag Kluber for a HR today book it.

Whenever I bench /drop players they heat up and go on all time great runs.

It worked when i dropped Schoop and Adam Jones.  The literal games after I dropped them they both inexplicably went on all time homer binges.  

3 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

Guys im benching him today -  guarantee hes gonna tag Kluber for a HR today book it.

Whenever I bench /drop players they heat up and go on all time great runs.

It worked when i dropped Schoop and Adam Jones.  The literal games after I dropped them they both inexplicably went on all time homer binges.  

giphy.gif

Is anyone flat out dropping?  I'm in a 10 teamer with guys like Gurriel, Castellanos, etc just sitting on the wire.  I just can't bring myself to do it yet, but have lost all hope he is going to get it going.  I seriously hate this tool.