NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Donaldson go back to being Donaldson immediately after hitting that HR, got me curious when his last multi hit game was.

July 9th, where he had 2 singles against Houston.

Then I got to wondering when the last time was he had 2 extra base hits in a game.

June 2nd, where he hit 2 HRs against New York.

Then I got to wondering how many mult extra base hit games he has this year.

2.  The other was April 7th, a double and HR against Tampa.

Then I got to wondering, how many extra base hits does he even have this year?

21 (9 HRs & 12 doubles) in 252 plate appearances.

Just striking how unimpactful he's been this year.

2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

What does hit percentage mean?

Exactly what it sounds like.  The likelihood the ball Josh hit should have fallen in for a hit. I didn't see the highlight of the hr but I'm just guessing it was 2 a short part of the park and the velocity was averagec at best leaving the bat.  My point is it's prob a fly out in most other parks, hence the short porch at Yankee stadium.  

Well if it hadn't been a HR, "hit percentage" wouldn't sound like what you're guessing to me. I mean a HR has 100% no one will catch it unless it barely clears the wall, in which case it would be 99 something %

i had never seen that stat before so thought you might know what it meant. 

54 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Exactly what it sounds like.  The likelihood the ball Josh hit should have fallen in for a hit. I didn't see the highlight of the hr but I'm just guessing it was 2 a short part of the park and the velocity was averagec at best leaving the bat.  My point is it's prob a fly out in most other parks, hence the short porch at Yankee stadium.  

Looked pretty well hit to me.  I don't know the exit velocity or any of that, but it wasn't no wall scraper.

16 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Looked pretty well hit to me.  I don't know the exit velocity or any of that, but it wasn't no wall scraper.

Interesting. So I don't get the 12 percent hit probability than.  The quote was something like sometimes it isn't how hard you hit them but where when the hr occurred.  

44 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Well if it hadn't been a HR, "hit percentage" wouldn't sound like what you're guessing to me. I mean a HR has 100% no one will catch it unless it barely clears the wall, in which case it would be 99 something %

i had never seen that stat before so thought you might know what it meant. 

Yea who knows because I actually just saw the highlight and I'm just as comfused as you are now lol. 

18 hours ago, quemortal said:

I know no one wants to hear this, but he is having much better at-bats this week. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Only a fool wouldn't want to hear it or recognize this.

2 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

I just think we are all trying to figure out if he is turning a corner or not.

Is the purpose of this forum to analyze performance or is it to just bitch and complain about players?

Not trying to stop "analysis" at all. Just saying - what happens tomorrow is more important than what happened today. Not much to say about what - as has been documented above - was a random HR. That is the only "analysis" that matters here on the eve of August.