NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

You can dismiss it as a random home run if you want, but as someone who watches every Jays game I remarked last night that he was having much better at-bats this week. If you're just scouting the boxscores then sure, it may look like an aberration.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, quemortal said:

You can dismiss it as a random home run if you want, but as someone who watches every Jays game I remarked last night that he was having much better at-bats this week. If you're just scouting the boxscores then sure, it may look like an aberration.

Well, he does have 3 extra base hits in his past 4 games, so its something at least...

14 hours ago, DoTheRoar said:

do you really think a 3 game hot streak makes up for his absolutely horrendous ROI for a first round pick? 

I smell saltiness, he actually hasn't been "horrendous" as he's been inflicted with the injury bug all season and he's turned it on and he'll continue to show all of the doubters, like yourself up. 

14 hours ago, DoTheRoar said:

do you really think a 3 game hot streak makes up for his absolutely horrendous ROI for a first round pick? 

ROI for a first rounder is going to be bad no matter how hot he finishes the season, but I don't think many people care about the past at this point.  If he starts hitting like he should have been doing all year then he's still going to be a very useful fantasy player.  Certainly not one that "sucks".

As others have said his ABs have just been looking better, more dangerous.  He's seeing the ball well and putting good swings on pitches he should, and laying off the borderline ones more.  Aside from the mini-hot streak he just looks more like his old self.  He was starting to show signs of a turn-around before the ASB and I bought low on him at that point, felt a little dumb when he came out of the ASB slow, but now he's picking it back up again.  

2 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

ROI for a first rounder is going to be bad no matter how hot he finishes the season, but I don't think many people care about the past at this point.  If he starts hitting like he should have been doing all year then he's still going to be a very useful fantasy player.  Certainly not one that "sucks".

As others have said his ABs have just been looking better, more dangerous.  He's seeing the ball well and putting good swings on pitches he should, and laying off the borderline ones more.  Aside from the mini-hot streak he just looks more like his old self.  He was starting to show signs of a turn-around before the ASB and I bought low on him at that point, felt a little dumb when he came out of the ASB slow, but now he's picking it back up again.  

It's all about the playoff stretch and playoff run.  I don't mind he was bad/hurt for a few months.  I am still in first. I care what he does going forward.