NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

[Trolling and ensuing responses removed. Please, people, don't take the bait -- if someone is attacking other users personally, use the "Report Post" function and we'll clean it up as soon as we can.]

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Any chance he will get 4 more starts at SS or was that a one off? 

Signed,

ALL Yahoo Donaldson owners.

I think it'll be tough getting another 4 starts. 

Gibbons yesterday on Bautista at 3rd, Donaldson at SS: "Not a lot of plays but I thought they looked pretty good out there, kind of natural." "We'll see. You may see them out there together again." 

Tulo's not coming back anytime soon and their MI options are terrible. Also, I think one of the main reasons behind the move was that Estrada is an extreme flyball pitcher. So, maybe something they try once a week?

1 hour ago, craiggrebeck said:

Gibbons yesterday on Bautista at 3rd, Donaldson at SS: "Not a lot of plays but I thought they looked pretty good out there, kind of natural." "We'll see. You may see them out there together again."

I don't know about that. What is pretty good?

Not pulling a Bill Buckner?

Donaldson:

Baez pop out is little league difficulty.

Had an easy routine grounder, that he makes at 3b too.

Played the cut off from LF, that he prompty screwed up, by making an errant throw to home, and the runner scored.

Bautista:

A hard hit ball, that was very difficult to catch, but I've seen good 3b man to catch balls like that. Anyway I don't think Donaldson would have made that play.

Moved to RF and did not charge the ball on the winning run. Maybe if he plays all game there, he can make the play that is expected.

So Donaldson and Bautista allowed 2 runs on defense. Maybe an another SS makes an errant throw on that play too, and maybe another RF does not charge the ball either. But who knows. Surely they did not make those plays, that were major league plays.
So how did they look pretty good?

I look pretty good on the field if the ball is not coming my way.

3 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

This is crazy.  Wasn't even considering him as a keeper 3 weeks ago.  Now, he's looking like almost a no brainer, ESPECIALLY if he gets SS eligibility.

because as seen earlier in the thread, many dumbly thought he was hiding an injury when there was no evidence of that in his swing or D.