NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

urban2014

5 minutes ago, KarlJ. said:

I am not sure where the miscommunication is but yes he was hot at the very end of May/ 1st of week of June (almost 3 weeks ago).  Since June 10 or so he has been rather cold ( almost 2 weeks) .   I think the issue is you keep adding 3 weeks plus 2 weeks for some reason

Few weeks ago he was good, then you say the last couple not so good. doesn't really add up.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Few weeks ago he was good, then you say the last couple not so good. doesn't really add up.

I don't know man, look at his game logs. Hot the early part of this month.  Been cold the last 10 games.  Not sure why we are going round and round with this.

Edited by KarlJ.
grammar

So let's say the guy has been cold for the past 10 games.  Why is that even a big deal?  Every hitter goes through slumps.  That's such a small sample size and he's already shown his potential since coming off the DL.  I have a lot of concerns about my fantasy team but Josh is the least of them.  He's a premiere, stud hitter that you can confidently plug and play.

You boys are nitpicking and trying desperately to find glimmers of hope.  Let me spell it out for you sportsfans: this ain't the season of The Don.  Sorry to break your hearts but there it is.  This guy's got more problems than a stripper.  I personally think that bringing over that china doll jinx named Tulo came with some bad juju and it's rubbing off on The Don himself.  He's still a big-time name though and you can probably get a great pitcher or OF for him at this point but the window is closing fast sportsfans, I bet he goes back on the DL soon.  In the words of Kenny Rogers, "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."

2 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

You boys are nitpicking and trying desperately to find glimmers of hope.  Let me spell it out for you sportsfans: this ain't the season of The Don.  Sorry to break your hearts but there it is.  This guy's got more problems than a stripper.  I personally think that bringing over that china doll jinx named Tulo came with some bad juju and it's rubbing off on The Don himself.  He's still a big-time name though and you can probably get a great pitcher or OF for him at this point but the window is closing fast sportsfans, I bet he goes back on the DL soon.  In the words of Kenny Rogers, "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."

I found my glimmer of hope when he put the game supposedly out of reach in the 9th inning yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

I benched his as well. Yes he isn't bringing 1st round value, what else is new

Mid round value would be nice. 8/20 with 15 runs in 39 games and a .250 average.  Pretty bad thus far. 

Edited by chud12

Saw him play for first time in awhile this weekend when Boston was up in Toronto.  Boy does he look totally lost.

I also noticed he is now clean shaven and lost his Ragnar Lothbrok hair style.  Maybe Odin and Thor cursed him for that.  He better get back to his Viking persona asap because his current one has no mojo.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

He was slumping for maybe a week, then banged his knee on June 22nd, was a late scratch and has been bad ever since. 

That knee injury might be worse than was reported and/or the calf that had him on the DL in the first place might be back. 

One thing's for sure though. A guy with this much talent didn't just forget how to hit.