NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Beverly 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my unsung heroes of fantasy bball...every yr he is slept on... and every yr he outperforms. Plug him in, don't expect too much scoring...but do expect lots of steals and a lil bit everything else. Love this dudes grit.

Meshes extremely well with Clippers...might get a slight boost in scoring this yr even.

I subscribe to Josh Lloyd's philosophy of always punting TO since its easier to find multi cat studs with high TO.  Focussing on lower TO (which is just one cat) can negatively affect multiple other cats. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is what happens when your head coach plays guys 35 plus nightly when he has zero reason 2. The Clips starting 5 has such a bad injury history (besides Jordan) but apparently Doc never got the memo.

24 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

I know Bev has had a bevy of injuries in the past, but has any of them been to the knee?

He had arthroscopic surgery to begin the season last year I believe, but if they're labeling it as soreness I wouldn't concern myself too much with it. Drafting Beverley I was well aware he's not the kind of player who'll make it through the whole season unscathed, should only be 2-4 games max and we'll have our guy back.

1 minute ago, MynameisMudd said:

No worries about this guy, though. I'm 100% cool with him taking a couple games off because I want him full strength for the bulk of the season.  Gimme those 3s , boards and steals.  

I have concerns if hes going to continually be played heavy mins he wont last the season. 

Just now, Lakers_Fan2 said:

I have concerns if hes going to continually be played heavy mins he wont last the season. 

is 31 minutes heavy minutes though?  If he were playing 34-36 minutes , I might be more worried.  Plus when Teodosic comes back, he'll have someone to back him up.  Pat Bev is a top 50-70 guy regardless.  I'll take that with him missing a handful of games.