NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rich Hill 2017 Outlook

svdude

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think he can stay healthy until the end of the year? Any concern the Dodgers slow him down to keep him fresh for playoffs?

I feel like the latter concern may have been lifted with the addition of Yu, but maybe not. Looking to acquire, but never had much experience with Hill. His last 30 days are ace-like with 29K/24IP to go along with 3 wins and 1.88/0.79. Like many of you (in H2H) I'm sure, I only care about him for September. 

So, what's everyone's level of confidence that he gets 5 starts in September? 

1 hour ago, heyeaglefn said:

When it comes to the Dodgers, I won't couldn't on full stats at all come fantasy playoffs for most of their guys.  They have the luxury of skipping starts and resting guys.

I agree. But, they have Kershaw-Yu-Wood to open the playoffs. One would think Hill gets the 4th spot, but I don't think they'd rest him for two weeks before Game 4 of the NLDS. 

Just now, MugsyBogues said:

I agree. But, they have Kershaw-Yu-Wood to open the playoffs. One would think Hill gets the 4th spot, but I don't think they'd rest him for two weeks before Game 4 of the NLDS. 

Yeah, but they could skip a start in the beginning of September or something like that, not necessarily later in the month.

6 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

Yeah, but they could skip a start in the beginning of September or something like that, not necessarily later in the month.

I'm probably getting too bench coachy, but that's kind of what I'd hope for being in H2H playoffs w what's looking like a bye in the first round. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

He hasn't given up more than 3 ER in a start since June 15, more than 8 weeks ago. Since then, he has gone 53.3 IP, 14 ER, and 72 K. That's a 2.36 ERA. He's an elite pitcher (as we all know) when he's healthy. Let's just hope he is having one one of those healthy stretches when the fantasy playoffs start.

His next start against Detroit will be a tough one. They are first in wRC+ against LHP. However, some of that success had to do with J.D. Martinez, who is now gone.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

yes, i am worried for sure

A very large compepjtrmt

6 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Anyone worried about Hill tonight? The Tigers are first in wRC+ against LHP. 

A very large piece of that ranking is JD Martinez.

mahtook and McCann have both been hot of late .  Other than those two no one really scares me in that lineup right now  .  I think you'd be foolish to sit a -235 road favorite vs a lineup who has underwhelmed most of the season.

Edited by afgolfman666