NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Dynasty Central -- Rankings, Platforms, Strategies, Etc.

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

A bunch of guys bursting onto the scene this week. Former preseason star Byrd, in Carolina. Keelan Cole, and this Mickens kid in Jacksonville, both played great. Elijah Mcguire had a nice game. Kapri bibbs, as he did for Denver last year, looked great as a receiver out of the backfield (for whatever that's worth). 

Any of those worth stash consideration? Anyone I'm missing?

I have McGuire and Cole stashed. Both guys just need volume in my imo. Cole's situation will look much better if Lee and Hurns sign elsewhere. Not following Byrd. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pikerbkb said:

I have McGuire and Cole stashed. Both guys just need volume in my imo. Cole's situation will look much better if Lee and Hurns sign elsewhere. Not following Byrd. 

McGuire definitely seems like a smart hold. Forte and Powell both have potential outs in their contracts going into next season. I doubt the Jets bring them both back. McGuire should, at worst, be the home run hitter portion of a committee next season. 

Cole is intriguing as well. Wondering exactly how things shake out between him and Westbrook. My gut tells me Westbrook is more of a prototypical #1 WR, but this week it looked the other way. 

The jets have had plenty of opportunities this year between Powell and forte nursing injuries almost all year to let mcguire catch some run I hope he gets it but why have they dawdled ? Cause they thought they had a chance? Or cause he isn't better than what they have been running out there?

Anybody got intel on Bucky Hodges as to why he currently a free agent? Elite athlete, high producer in college, but can't seem to stick on anyone's roster. The Vikings drafted him, but waived him before the season with an injury settlement. Carolina had him on the practice squad for several weeks then released him. He does seem to have a high opinion of himself, but is a rare player. Is he a headcase? Drugs? Can't figure it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, designguy79 said:

Keep an eye on Michael Clark - WR, GB. Tall (6'6") but still pretty fast. Could've had a much bigger day last weekend, but couldn't haul in a target in RZ. Let's see what he can do this weekend at Detroit. Might be a good stash in deep leagues.

You mean this end zone target? The one where he didn't even touch the very catch-able ball, thrown perfectly to his back shoulder? Lol, I know you can't judge a guy on one play, but this was pretty bad.

Edited by wonderbread

Anybody still a believer in Keith Marshall? Almost would of broken Chris Johnson's combine 40 if he didn't stumble in the beginning of it. Ended up with 4.31. Solid college career at UGA and flashed in the preseason a year or two back. He just can't stay healthy to save his life.

Could see him as a Dion Lewis type to emerge years after being drafted if he can stay healthy.

WSH backfield still has a lot of question marks. Have seen comments of Gruden gushing over him in the past.

Stashes for next season:

TE:  Janu Smith, Jake Butt and Rico Gathers

WR:  Terelle Pryor and Chad Williams

DE:  Randy Gregory

LB:  Zach Vigil/Preston Smith (there is a starting LB spot available in Washington, and both have produced when given the opp), Anthony Walker, Shaq Thompson and Jerrell Freeman

DB:  Su'a Cravens

Edited by FollowTheLeader
On 12/29/2017 at 11:53 AM, Dirtywater97 said:

Anybody still a believer in Keith Marshall? Almost would of broken Chris Johnson's combine 40 if he didn't stumble in the beginning of it. Ended up with 4.31. Solid college career at UGA and flashed in the preseason a year or two back. He just can't stay healthy to save his life.

Could see him as a Dion Lewis type to emerge years after being drafted if he can stay healthy.

WSH backfield still has a lot of question marks. Have seen comments of Gruden gushing over him in the past.

Two straight seasons of IR in the preseason dudes taking the kevin white path....