NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

SpecialFNK

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

since returning to the lineup yesterday, he was 0 for 2 with 2 walks and 2 runs yesterday, and 2 for 4 tonight with 1 walk.

I don't really want to make fun of what happened because it was ugly and I feel bad for the CF, but maybe Moncada just needed to knee somebody in the head to get himself on track.

Walkoff single to win the game in extras vs. the Astros tonight.

Now hitting .213 with a .377 OBP

Lifetime minors BA is .285 and a lifetime minors OBP of .390. 

I'll let you figure out which of those numbers will probably change the most by the end of the year. 

• 3 weeks later...

As a former long distance runner, I can definitely attest to shin splints being awful and can create very uneven bone growth if not treated proactively right away upon first symptoms.  In that way it's kind of like a stress reaction or deep bone bruise in the tibia.  

Can't imagine that they will want to play around here.  Iglesias can attest to pushing yourself too hard.

On 9/14/2017 at 12:02 PM, Zombies said:

4-4 so far today...If memory serves wasn't he a slow starter every time he got promoted to a new level? (Of confidence and power!)

On 9/14/2017 at 12:25 PM, Beakman said:

Some might even say a Vulgar Display of Power.   

Let's hope he keeps up this Domination, otherwise we'll all be F*cking Hostile!

wRC+ now at 112. Kind of amazing given how awful he started. If he leads off next year he's going to be a fantasy stud. 95+ runs and 25+ steals for sure. HRs and AVG are anyone's guess, but he might be a four-cat performer who doesn't hurt you too much with a .260 BA. Problem is he'll be overdrafted. He's on everyone's radar, and with a hot finish you'll see him drafted as a top 7-8 2B when he really ought to be in the 12-15 range. Even with the potential, there are so many guys that you just have to slot ahead of him for 2018.