NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Wood 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

and that's with him giving up no runs

once he starts giving up 1-2runs a game he can only last 3-4ip which is probably going to happen 

Seriously? Deer lord. Gotta be trolling. 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Seriously? Deer lord.

giphy.gif

but yeah the take does not make much sense. dudes... as they move from the bullpen to the rotation... get stretched out... over time... yo

6 hours ago, chud12 said:

Wait, so who is the odd man out in the rotation when Maeda is back??

Wood

Kershaw

Hill

Ryu

Urias  - does he get sent down???

Ryu is awful and can't stay healthy.  I think he is the one to go

Not to pee on anyone's parade, I'm all in on this guy and happy as a clam with it. His stuff is electric, but he gets a substantial boost from the scarecrow delivery. Twice through the lineup is so so sweet on my ratios that a part of me doesn't want to see him cut loose for more than 80-85 pitches an outing, even with the Coors gem on his CV. No QS or CG leagues and I've never been one to chase wins, so short leash for Wood!

(and hopefully, those will become the tastiest words I ever get to eat)

3 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

86% ground ball rate tonight. I believe only one fly ball was hit to the outfield. Didn't need the strikeout to dominate tonight. No need to wonder anymore, that rotation spot is his. 

Nicely put. Honestly, how can they move him out of the rotation? This guy is a stud. 

After tonight, he's going to be tied for the 7th best SP in my points league. How did that happen? I feel like I just picked him up for a spot start when Ryu got hurt. Now he's a must start every week? This has been a weird fantasy season.

1 minute ago, GrapeJuice said:

After tonight, he's going to be tied for the 7th best SP in my points league. How did that happen? I feel like I just picked him up for a spot start when Ryu got hurt. Now he's a must start every week? This has been a weird fantasy season.

Reasons like this are why I go bat heavy in my roto draft

4 minutes ago, GrapeJuice said:

He's been a must start, esp after his gem in Colorado last week.

23 hours ago, exzacly909 said:

Nope. But how bout now son?

Great line from Pulp Fiction about not getting ahead of yourself...hey I picked the guy up off waivers so not sure why you keep asking me this?  by the way, I remember when in 2010 my Giant fan buddies were crowing about Zito and how he was now worth his contract because after April and May dude was sporting an ERA under 3, proceeded to get rocked the rest of the way and was left off the postseason roster.   Guy has 4 of his last 5 efforts with 0ER, what are you gonna say?  He has been awesome and he appears to be stretching out and getting near 100 pitches, which it appeared the Dodgers were cautious of earlier in the year.  

What do you guys think of his start against the Cubbies tomorrow? They are second in runs scored against LHP. At the same time, they are 14th in runs scored away from Wrigley. This will be a great test for Wood. I already believe in him, but this start will really cement him as being 100% legit. I'm guessing all of you are starting him? 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

What do you guys think of his start against the Cubbies tomorrow? They are second in runs scored against LHP. At the same time, they are 14th in runs scored away from Wrigley. This will be a great test for Wood. I already believe in him, but this start will really cement him as being 100% legit. I'm guessing all of you are starting him? 

If you can't start a guy as hot as him, who can you start?