NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Wood 2017 Outlook

28 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Do we feel good enough about starting him in a weekly? It seems they expect him to start against the Reds but nothing's etched in stone. I'm currently taking the chance for fear of missing a Wood start in favor of someone I feel iffy about from a performance standpoint.

I'm not taking any chances and I want to see him pitch first also. After that he will be a set and forget it afterwards.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Wood (shoulder) said Monday that he expects to rejoin the Dodgers' rotation this weekend.

Well, that's good to hear. Wood had to be re-examined late last week after the inflammation in his SC joint didn't recover as hoped, but apparently the exam went well. The left-hander will throw an extended bullpen session on Wednesday and it appears be cleared to start against the Reds this weekend if all goes well.
9 hours ago, DonaldsDucks said:

This is good news. I took a risk and waivered him knowing he was hurt but had a chance to return soon. I hope all goes well and if he starts, he'll be plugged into my lineup this weekend.

What leagues would have be available on waivers?? 8 team?

I have him in a 12 team daily so great to have him back soon. With SPing being such a trainwreck this year, guys like Wood who we grabbed for nothing early on in the season are a godsend.

3 hours ago, swfcdan said:

What leagues would have be available on waivers?? 8 team?

I have him in a 12 team daily so great to have him back soon. With SPing being such a trainwreck this year, guys like Wood who we grabbed for nothing early on in the season are a godsend.

12 team. The increase in injuries makes people do interesting things doesn't it.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:09 AM, Crusaderfan said:

Looks like he is close to completing his turn on the DL that is enabling the Dodgers to juggle so many starters.

Everyone else excited to have Woods back? Lol look at latest Yahoo blurb, they call him Woods twice. Who pays these guys. 

The Reds are a bad matchup. 8th in wRC+ vs lefties, #1 in slugging % vs lefties. And Wood is coming off of injury. My staff is so bad that I'm throwing him out there regardless. I normally give guys a game off from DL return before starting, but YOLO. I'm guessing (nothing to back this up) that he doesn't have a full pitch count today, but he's pitched like an ace this year so I'm riding him. 

Dave Roberts is the anti-Francona.  

Dude, let your starters actually work.  Your pen is pretty darn bad outside of your closer.

Dave Roberts is such an idiot. Mesoraco looked like a fool in his first 2 AB's vs. Wood, but Roberts elects to take out Wood when he has 87 pitches. I almost broke my hand punching a wall when Mesoraco hit that HR. 

I often get the feeling Dave can't wait to go pull a starter.  Like, he is pacing the dugout as soon as a game gets underway thinking, "Man, I can't wait to pull that starter."

Dave Roberts is a ******** idiot

WTF could possibly be going through his head when he insta-yanks Wood following a K at just 87 pitches? Dude had only allowed 5 hits all night and hadn't walked anyone. 

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

Dave Roberts is the anti-Francona.  

Dude, let your starters actually work.  Your pen is pretty darn bad outside of your closer.

8 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

That literally made no sense. I don't know if he was on a pitch count but those runners belong to Wood he pitched fantastic let him own it. Sometimes it's the starters game good or bad.

8 hours ago, Willsea33 said:

Dave Roberts is such an idiot. Mesoraco looked like a fool in his first 2 AB's vs. Wood, but Roberts elects to take out Wood when he has 87 pitches. I almost broke my hand punching a wall when Mesoraco hit that HR. 

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

I often get the feeling Dave can't wait to go pull a starter.  Like, he is pacing the dugout as soon as a game gets underway thinking, "Man, I can't wait to pull that starter."

7 hours ago, cs3 said:

Dave Roberts is a ******** idiot

WTF could possibly be going through his head when he insta-yanks Wood following a K at just 87 pitches? Dude had only allowed 5 hits all night and hadn't walked anyone. 

I have to believe Dave Roberts did the right thing pulling Alex Wood last night, he was looking at the big picture keeping Wood healthy. First game back from a two week DL stint, was probably told he was on a pitch count, and the most important thing is your fantasy leagues are fake.