NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Wood 2017 Outlook

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Does anything even matter with this guy? He'll drop an avg line of 6ip-3h-1er-1bb-8k every night

Yep. You pretty much have to throw him regardless of the matchup. For now, at least. 

Ive been closely watching him pitch tonight...this guy is for real.  Mix of velocity, placement, and overall command of the game is superb.  He's making the Dbacks look foolish up there.

Edited by ShaneMT
Just now, ShaneMT said:

Ive been closely watching him pitch tonight...this guy is for real.  Mixing up speeds, placement, and overall command of the game is superb.  Theyre looking foolish up there.

He has been foreal for awhile! He has pedigree aand he was elite before injury. Top 5 picher off the waiver. Thankyou! Wish I could play in leagues with roto blurb writers. Id taake all thier money.

I can't believe he was pulled. 85 pitches. Comes out to start the 8th, throws his warm-ups, gets pulled for Baez when Pollock announced as pinch hitter. Absurd. Pollock owns Wood in his career, but this is clearly a different Wood this year. Just crazy. 

1 minute ago, Red Sox Nation said:

I can't believe he was pulled. 85 pitches. Comes out to start the 8th, throws his warm-ups, gets pulled for Baez when Pollock announced as pinch hitter. Absurd. Pollock owns Wood in his career, but this is clearly a different Wood this year. Just crazy. 

before getting pulled, dodgers broadcast mentioned roberts wanting to monitor woods pitch count this season to try and ensure he would be healthy come september.....

Dude, I get it but how can you be upset?  He's already pitched more innings this year than he has all of last year and he has a substantial injury history.  The Dodgers are playing for a World Series, not a roto championship.  

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

before getting pulled, dodgers broadcast mentioned roberts wanting to monitor woods pitch count this season to try and ensure he would be healthy come september.....

That would make sense, but at the same time if he was worried about the pitch count he shouldn't have let him warm up. Should've just picked a side. You either send him back out to pitch or you don't.

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

Understandable, but 85 pitches is pretty light. He's thrown 98 and 94 past two starts. I'm just fine keeping Wood under 100. But he had a few more left imo. 

2 minutes ago, ShaneMT said:

Dude, I get it but how can you be upset?  He's already pitched more innings this year than he has all of last year and he has a substantial injury history.  The Dodgers are playing for a World Series, not a roto championship.  

I care more about the process. He's been on a CY Young level this year. I don't see why, at 85 pitches, he's getting pulled. I'm fine keeping him around 95 pitches, I get it. He's a pretty big health risk. But at 85 pitches and dominating, I disagree with taking him out. 

Woods is very efficient with his 80-85 pitches. He already gave you 7 innings with 10Ks so those in QS leagues are good too. 

Dont understand what the big deal is. The Dodgers are right for protecting him.