NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gary Sanchez 2017 Outlook

DerekQ

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His catching has been atrocious.    Leads the lead with 12 PB's, plus his hasn't been throwing out many guys. Also, his effort, behind the plate, is being questioned.     Romine is a much better catcher.  Just look at the 9th inning Saturday night

His hitting has been bad lately.  He wails at low outside breaking balls with 2 strikes.  He only hits when he is ahead in the count.  His hitting with RISP has been bad, lately, also

There is no "message being sent" Giradi just wants to win games.   Gardner dh'd because he wanted to give him a half a day off.  

Wrong day to bash Ellsbury, since he got the big hit.   Girardi pushed all the right buttons today.   It was much closer than an 8-1 game

38 minutes ago, chud12 said:

He has become such a dissapointment. Gary's game has erroded.  

He had a horrible few weeks and last two games.  Sure, I'll admit he's been frustrating to own during that time, but he's still part of small group of catchers that are actually worth drafting.  It may have been premature for anyone to declare him the best catcher in fantasy baseball, but you still have plenty of an advantage over several other teams if you are "stuck" with him.

With that said, I am shopping him in my keeper league, but it's not because I don't believe in him anymore.  I am well ahead in my league and have too many keepers, so I'm looking to try to combine him with somebody else to get myself in even better position for next year.  You have to give to get, and he should be able to get me plenty.

Edited by KilloWertz

3 hours ago, rich22 said:

There is no "message being sent" Giradi just wants to win games.   Gardner dh'd because he wanted to give him a half a day off.  

Wow! Your inside sources must be incredible if you know more about messages not be sent than the message that the coach literally said he has sent!

Edited by cs3

He's a second year catcher in the bigs. If you thought you were getting some weird Bench/Ruth love child that's your problem. I have no idea if he will stay behind the plate but his bat gives the Yankees such an edge at the position I have to imagine they'll be patient and try to work through any issues with him. He has 37 homeruns through 132 games.

54 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Wow! Your inside sources must be incredible if you know more about messages not be sent than the message that the coach literally said he has sent!

LOL.   That is what Girardi said.  Is that "inside" enough for you?    Their was no "message sent" in the benching.    The "message" was sent directly in a face to face meeting.  Telling him he needs to work harder on his catching.   Directly from the managers mouth.   Who cares what a coach says?

Watch the YES pre game show instead of using terribly placed sarcasm

PS.   I guess I should have specified "in the benching" , as that is what others implied.  That the "benching" was the message.  The message was directly told to him.   Thus a direct order instead of a "message"

Edited by rich22

Only 391 feet on his second one though.  Weak when that's your follow-up... ;)

If anyone (including myself) forgot how fun it can be to own Gary Sanchez, these last roughly two weeks are a reminder.  Sure, he can go through frustrating cold spells, but then you get runs like this.