Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Dahl 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to do it but I've got to cut bait. Feels like such a waste since I drafted and held on for this long but I'm at the breaking point with all these DLs and I feel like a platoon is coming. I hope for everyone else's sake I'm wrong and he rakes for you all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Personally I've been watching this thread from ST and he's always been a strike out machine while hitting bunch of boomers. Why so much hype?

Because it's not true that he's a strike out machine. His strikeout rate is actually very manageable

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dahl, out since the second Cactus League game of spring training because of a stress reaction injury to his right rib, plans to take batting practice with the Rockies on Wednesday. If that goes well, he’s scheduled to ramp up baseball activities and begin a minor-league rehab assignment after that.

“I’m feeling really good,” said Dahl, who admitted he thought he would be back sooner. “It’s frustrating. I thought I’d be back by now, but it’s about trusting the process. I’m just trying to get prepared to play.”

 

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/16/david-dahl-trevor-story-tom-murphy-closer-rockies-return/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, as a keeper league owner I am wondering where he'll fit in. But then surely Reynolds could go back to being Mark Reynolds, and Des to 1B? Do people really think Reynolds is better than Dahl now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Not going to lie, as a keeper league owner I am wondering where he'll fit in. But then surely Reynolds could go back to being Mark Reynolds, and Des to 1B? Do people really think Reynolds is better than Dahl now?

I do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his playing time will come, one way or another. This isn't Chris Taylor we are talking about, it's an elite prospect with terrific pedigree, who excels in most facets of the game. 

 

My team is riddled with injuries and not nearly enough DL spots, but I have no intentions of cutting him (it's a keeper fwiw). Too much talent, too much upside. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Reynolds, a (damn near) 34 year old with a long track record that says he's a .750 OPS caliber hitter, has somehow managed to post a 1.000 OPS to this point.  9 HR at Coors in only 78 AB.  Absolutely murdering RHP.  I doubt it keeps up, but he's basically been the most valuable undrafted player in fantasy.

 

On the other hand, Carlos Gonzalez has been dreadful.  His weighted runs created stands at 41.  Third worst of any outfielder in baseball.  If he keeps it up, maybe he'll get his playing time reduced in favor of Dahl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
Dahl (ribs) will take batting practice with the Rockies on Wednesday with the hope of ramping up baseball activities in the coming days, Patrick Saunders of The Denver Post reports.
Spin: 
After suffering a setback earlier in the month, the young outfielder seems to be back on track and nearing a return to action. The Rockies are hoping that if all goes well with the uptick in activity this week, Dahl can embark on a rehab assignment next week. Most of this hinges on his ability to get through his scheduled program this week, so his status moving forward should gain some clarity in a few days.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Mark Reynolds, a (damn near) 34 year old with a long track record that says he's a .750 OPS caliber hitter, has somehow managed to post a 1.000 OPS to this point.  9 HR at Coors in only 78 AB.  Absolutely murdering RHP.  I doubt it keeps up, but he's basically been the most valuable undrafted player in fantasy.

 

On the other hand, Carlos Gonzalez has been dreadful.  His weighted runs created stands at 41.  Third worst of any outfielder in baseball.  If he keeps it up, maybe he'll get his playing time reduced in favor of Dahl.

 

I mean, selling CarGo and replacing him with Dahl is the move.

 

With CarGo an impending FA and struggling and Dahl set to replace him anyway how is it not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

 

I mean, selling CarGo and replacing him with Dahl is the move.

 

With CarGo an impending FA and struggling and Dahl set to replace him anyway how is it not?

Probably a hard sell for GM whos likely turned down many fantastic offers over the years to now turn around and give him away for cheap.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Probably a hard sell for GM whos likely turned down many fantastic offers over the years to now turn around and give him away for cheap.  

Another problem is the owner not wanting to trade Cargo. Couple of years ago at least he said that but times change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Probably a hard sell for GM whos likely turned down many fantastic offers over the years to now turn around and give him away for cheap.  

Yep they were stupid not to deal him when his value was higher in the past, could at least have gotten a Tulo type return back. Now it's going to be awkward as no team will want him for much until he starts hitting better. So that actually seems to be the best way for Dahl to get back in the lineup, Cargo hitting better then dealt.

Edited by swfcdan
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2017 at 0:31 PM, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Mark Reynolds, a (damn near) 34 year old with a long track record that says he's a .750 OPS caliber hitter, has somehow managed to post a 1.000 OPS to this point.  9 HR at Coors in only 78 AB.  Absolutely murdering RHP.  I doubt it keeps up, but he's basically been the most valuable undrafted player in fantasy.

 

On the other hand, Carlos Gonzalez has been dreadful.  His weighted runs created stands at 41.  Third worst of any outfielder in baseball.  If he keeps it up, maybe he'll get his playing time reduced in favor of Dahl.

Sorry bro, Zimmerman 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know who 2017 Dahl is going to be? The guy who looks halfway decent in 2017 then does nothing and gets a ton of convo in 2018? It's going to be Ian Happ. 


As for Dahl, really nice long term outlook but I feel sorry for anyone who thinks he's going to help them this year. It's clear they don't need him and he's just not a focal point of Colorado's plans. All this kerfluffle over a maybe .280, 8 HR, 25 RBI season. Just let it breathe a while guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was forced to drop him with all the DL madness. It hurt at first but now I feel liberated. Like I was reborn again. It's glorious. Just let go and let the calmness wash over you. All will be okay, I promise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mevins31 said:

You know who 2017 Dahl is going to be? The guy who looks halfway decent in 2017 then does nothing and gets a ton of convo in 2018? It's going to be Ian Happ. 


As for Dahl, really nice long term outlook but I feel sorry for anyone who thinks he's going to help them this year. It's clear they don't need him and he's just not a focal point of Colorado's plans. All this kerfluffle over a maybe .280, 8 HR, 25 RBI season. Just let it breathe a while guys.

 

 

I dont get how people can legitimately or honestly try to state that Dahl will not do anything to help teams this year.  What indicator do you have other then him being on the DL that makes you think he can't be an impact?   The Rockies are competing and if Dahl can get healthy and show some promising at bats then I am sure they will continue to give him playing time.  Also, obviously an injury can happen at any moment to their other players and that could heavily impact Dahl getting more opportunities.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mevins31 said:

You know who 2017 Dahl is going to be? The guy who looks halfway decent in 2017 then does nothing and gets a ton of convo in 2018? It's going to be Ian Happ. 


As for Dahl, really nice long term outlook but I feel sorry for anyone who thinks he's going to help them this year. It's clear they don't need him and he's just not a focal point of Colorado's plans. All this kerfluffle over a maybe .280, 8 HR, 25 RBI season. Just let it breathe a while guys.

 

 It's a long season.

 

Dahl's not going to have the breakout Coors campaign everyone envisioned--clearly, he's poised to miss 2 months. But to say he won't "help" is misguided.

 

He'll probably help another team--that guy who plucks Dahl off of waivers in, like, late July or August or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...