NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Dahl 2017 Outlook

Lemme guess, Dahl swung without pain, maybe there was some discomfort, maybe not, meh, no one cares. Either way, you guessed it! No timetable for his return. Even though I dealt him for Urias who is out forever I'm still glad I did it. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people mocking his video:

1) At 100% that's not an exercise anyone should be doing with a significant amount a weight

2) He's isolating his oblique and rib musculature in general, which is what he's recovering from

3) OK yeah, posting exercise videos is a little douchey. You got me there.  I can't defend that.

David Dahl (rib) went 1-for-3 in his rehab debut Wednesday night with High-A Lancaster.

He also played five innings of defense in left field. Dahl told reporters earlier this month that he's been pain free for a while and he's now finally making real strides in his recovery from a stress reaction in his rib cage. The 23-year-old outfielder has been on the major league disabled list all season.

Jul 13 - 9:26 AM

kid-celebrating.gif
11 hours ago, street sharks said:

Dare I ask how he's going to get playing time?

I'd assume Tapia, Dahl, and Cargo rotate 2 OF positions and Reynolds platoons with Parra at 1B.  Then we see when Desmond returns.   Problem is all the OF's are lefty.

Edited by rich22
6 minutes ago, rich22 said:

I'd assume Tapia, Dahl, and Cargo rotate 2 OF positions and Reynolds platoons with Parra at 1B.  Then we see when Desmond returns

Rockies should be looking to trade somebody right about now.

Dahl overtakes Tapia without a doubt. Reynolds is pushed to situational and off days when Desmond returns. I agree the Rockies should be looking at the SP market for a controllable pitcher. I'd flip Tapia without a doubt for someone. Rockies are in a great position - would love to see them make some win now moves.

frontal lobotomy... in go the surgeon's tools... awful squishing sounds....        

relieeeeffff

okay. cool. Now I have no memory of Dahl this season. I certainly do not remember drafting him at pick #112, right before Michael Fulmer and Adam Duvall. Or watching him rot on the bench for months while he tweeted happy-go-lucky pics of eating linguini with his parents (who may or may not have conceived him in middle school)

Who is this Dahl character in the Rockies farm system? Never heard of him... might be worth a stash though. 

Baseball America grades him out at-->  Hit: 60. Power: 55. Speed: 60. Fielding: 60. Arm: 55

man, that's really good! for comparison, dreamboat Andrew Benintendi was graded at Hit: 70. Power: 55. Speed: 50. Fielding: 50.

so, in a fantasy sense, 175 points (hit/power/speed) compared to Dahl's 175 points.   Hmmmmm.    

Worse natural hitter, but better speed. Plus Coors. Light. brewed using crisp mountain stream water at a factor in Bakersfield. 

How about everyones favorite pedo-stashe Lewis Brinson? Hit: 50. Power: 60. Speed: 60

170 total...   inferior to this Dahl fellow!!

I'm all in. Hopefully he isn't injury-prone or anything.  

*The W.S.L.C. (Washington State Lobotomy Center) does not perform frontal lobotomies for fantasy-sports related trauma unless recommended by a physician. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
11 hours ago, rich22 said:

I'd assume Tapia, Dahl, and Cargo rotate 2 OF positions and Reynolds platoons with Parra at 1B.  Then we see when Desmond returns.   Problem is all the OF's are lefty.

10 hours ago, Stein said:

Dahl overtakes Tapia without a doubt. Reynolds is pushed to situational and off days when Desmond returns. I agree the Rockies should be looking at the SP market for a controllable pitcher. I'd flip Tapia without a doubt for someone. Rockies are in a great position - would love to see them make some win now moves.

It's pretty funny how people think Mark Reynolds, easily the team's third best hitter behind Blackmon and Arenado, will suddenly be pushed to a platoon or bench or w/e for a guy who hasn't even seen the field all season.

I mean, I'm sure many of you can use Dahl on your fantasy teams. But rose colored glasses like that aren't the answer.

6 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

It's pretty funny how people think Mark Reynolds, easily the team's third best hitter behind Blackmon and Arenado, will suddenly be pushed to a platoon or bench or w/e for a guy who hasn't even seen the field all season.

I mean, I'm sure many of you can use Dahl on your fantasy teams. But rose colored glasses like that aren't the answer.

Ok then, what do you suggest is going to happen?   I happen to own Reynolds, and have zero stakes in Dahl.   I own Reynolds, Blackmon, Tapia, Cargo.    No Dahl.    I'm just realistic.      I said Dahl will be in an OF time share.   You disagree with that?   What happens with Parra, who's hitting around .330?  Desmond?  

Fact is Reynolds has been just so/so for the past month 

Edited by rich22

I think Rockies should stay firm.  Dahl - Tapia - Blackmon is a nice future OF.  Cargo and Reynolds FAs.  Desmond goes to first next year.  Parra is an interesting guy to look to move as he's got a decent deal for next year.  But he's also a nice 4th OF/pinch hitter/DH in AL Parks.  Dahl won't get consistent at bats this year.  In redraft I'm not rushing to add.  In dynasty I've bought low already and would recommend others doing the same.

1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

It seems pretty clear to me that if/when Dahl makes it back, he won't be seeing full time ABs. And it could stay that way quite a while unless he hits the ground running and starts off hot.

And that is what I basically said