NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Dahl 2017 Outlook

2ndCitySox

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, STLSU said:

so with Desmond reaggravating his calf/quad, if it's a DL situation (looks that way Initially), does that lead the Rox brass to call up Dahl for at least a week showcase?

McMahon out of the lineup for Albuquerque. Could just be coincidence though. 

13 hours ago, STLSU said:

so with Desmond reaggravating his calf/quad, if it's a DL situation (looks that way Initially), does that lead the Rox brass to call up Dahl for at least a week showcase?

Showcase for what? A trade? Like 3 games in the majors will magically alter his value? Doesn't make any sense

He's the best lottery ticket to do nothing. They would probably rather play Parra every day at this point. Guys please give it up. Or don't. But if we are going to talk dahl we are going to talk about him riding the exercise bike at Extended spring training 

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

He's the best lottery ticket to do nothing. They would probably rather play Parra every day at this point. Guys please give it up. Or don't. But if we are going to talk dahl we are going to talk about him riding the exercise bike at Extended spring training 

Yea there may be some merit to this view.

I wonder if the team would be miffed if the vets who have grinding it out all season long -- Cargo, Reynolds, Parra -- suddenly ceded playing time to China Dahl.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Yea there may be some merit to this view.

I wonder if the team would be miffed if the vets who have grinding it out all season long -- Cargo, Reynolds, Parra -- suddenly ceded playing time to China Dahl.

If China sucked initially.  But if he came out cranking then those things can go way themselves.

4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

If China sucked initially.  But if he came out cranking then those things can go way themselves.

True. Ballplayers are a peculiar bunch -- so much as look at someone the wrong way and you're liable to get a fastball between the numbers -- but I reckon as long as you produce, yo good.

4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

True. Ballplayers are a peculiar bunch -- so much as look at someone the wrong way and you're liable to get a fastball between the numbers -- but I reckon as long as you produce, yo good.

Baseball clubhouse element is strangest dynamic to read into.  I know a few guys who played in bigs for short stints and spent 3+ years in spring training camps.  And they both swear by the clubhouse commaradie.  I think it moreso comes into play on winning teams vs losing teams. If you're on a team that's 20 under .500 at 100 game mark it's fine to think you're playing for your "bros" but we all know damn well at that point it's an every man for himself -- especially if you're a free agent. 

Edited by Cmilne23

On July 25, 2017 at 10:08 PM, mevins31 said:

LOL give it up guys.

Update: (Colorado Springs, AP Wire) Dahl is now hosting Unsolved Mysteries in place of dead Robert Stack. Not resuming baseball activities until all mysteries are solved.

The updates at the end were the best. I'd always think they'd announce proof of aliens, but alas I was always disappointed. 

Kinda like owning dahl 

for everyone saying dahl isn't worth stashing or isn't worthy of playing time, i'll leave this little nugget that was written prior to the 2017 season by a prospect writer over at fangraphs. sure, he's fragile, but if/when he ever does pan out, he'll be a monster.. 

The Quick Opinion: This could very well be the year that Dahl bursts onto the MLB landscape in a big way. After a solid rookie campaign (and coming off of a tough injury in 2015), this young outfielder is primed to develop into a .300-20-20 (AVG-HR-SB) threat.