NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Dahl 2017 Outlook

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/24/2017 at 6:26 PM, azeri98 said:

A top 100 pick won't get a sniff of major league time this year, brutal

When I read this I was like wow I don't remember Dahl going that high since I knew I was all-in on Dahl on draft days.

So in three leagues I drafted him in no particular order --- 190, 172 & 237

On 7/25/2017 at 1:28 AM, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

according to FantasyPros he was #126 overall in mixed leagues (redraft)

I took him about 2 rounds prior to that, though it was a keeper

in ESPN mocks he was regularly going in the mid-90's. there was a lot of hype. 

I am not saying you are wrong about all that hype (there was alot after his 2016 campaign) and yes FantasyPros had him at 126 but gee whiz we all knew he was injured in spring training so his stocked dropped ... He was wounded and the signs kinda showed he might be a nice late round pick. On April 2nd the Rockies place Dahl on the DL 

I never put in any stock in mocks. To me they are not a good indicator especially in baseball

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

When I read this I was like wow I don't remember Dahl going that high since I knew I was all-in on Dahl on draft days.

So in three leagues I drafted him in no particular order --- 190, 172 & 237

You drafted late. He was a Top 100 pick in a lot of formats prior to the injury concerns becoming more real. Yahoo had him in the 70s I believe. 

That was a little rich for my blood, but I think a 8th-10th rounder was a very reasonable valuation for a healthy Dahl. 

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

You drafted late. He was a Top 100 pick in a lot of formats prior to the injury concerns becoming more real. Yahoo had him in the 70s I believe. 

That was a little rich for my blood, but I think a 8th-10th rounder was a very reasonable valuation for a healthy Dahl. 

I did.  and I also believe all drafts should be held on the last two weeks of March the later the better 

in my slow offline draft David Dahl was drafted 79 ... we started this draft Feb 18th

cynicism is fine and all but i have to admit i'm not sure why people are still making "david dahl will start baseball activities as soon as X extremely unlikely thing occurs" when he's been playing in AAA for like two weeks

3 hours ago, Rainyy said:

I kept him as my 5th and final keeper in my 14 player league. Oh, and I also kept Lucroy. I know, I know. My team was terrible last year.