NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jackie Bradley Jr. 2017 Outlook

FWIW rotochamp has the Sox lineup projected as such. 

Pedroia 

Bogaerts

Betts

Hanley

Sandoval

Moreland

Benintendi

JBJ 

Leon

The 5-7 spots are a question mark because of the uncertainty of Panda. I could see Benintendi working his way up into the 2 hole and pushing everyone down but I don't think JBJ hits higher than 6 in this lineup. That being said I still feel like he has plenty of value at his current adp. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:
  •  

Three reasons he won't hit at the top of the order:

1. Dustin Pedroia
  2. Andrew Benintendi
  3. Xander Bogarts

If Benintendi doesn't move up to the top of the line-up then Mookie remains batting third instead of clean-up.  There is absolutely no room at the top of the line-up for JBJ.

They were talking about Eaton there, not JBJ.

• 1 month later...

Any news?

in weekly leagues I'm going into tonight expecting him to be out most of the week, I have to make other plans 

14 hours ago, rotodr said:

Any news?

in weekly leagues I'm going into tonight expecting him to be out most of the week, I have to make other plans 

No way in a weekly you can start JBJ. Even though he says he is a superhero and OK, with swelling at whatnot he will miss games no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Gaa Gaa Gaa Garbage. has been since shortly after the ASB last year. Had a few good games but went south most of the last 2 1/2 months

I should have paid attention when this was happening.

Although it is not uncommon for players to have 2 white hot months and be below average the rest of the season.   Justin Upton does it every season.

JBJ is an absurdly streaky hitter. He will kill your team for months, and carry your team for months. He's extremely frustrating to watch and own. He's also been injured this year making it harder for an already streaky hitter to get into any rhythm.

I parted ways with Bradley in my 12-team redraft league with 3 OF slots.  He will hit a few power binges, but I think the floor here is non-existent, and the ceiling not enough to justify holding in shallow formats.

3 hours ago, motown magic said:

Bradley is showing his true colors. This is the real Bradley.  Thats the difference between the two..

4 hours ago, motown magic said:

Gaa Gaa Gaa Garbage. has been since shortly after the ASB last year. Had a few good games but went south most of the last 2 1/2 months

Good god these forums have some embarrassing takes.

I mentioned above that I dropped him in my 12-team, and he was just dropped by another owner in my 15-team as well.  Losing PT to Young means he might not even be much of an AL-only play at this point.

Definitely keeping an eye on him to look out for signs of one of his patented hot streaks though.  Just not worth a roster spot right now.

3 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Of course the second you drop him he will go absolutely bonkers and your worst enemy will reap the rewards

Yeah, you have to be willing to risk that if you drop.  But you're also risking missing out on the next big thing with that roster spot being wasted on him.  This is what makes the game fun, right?  RIGHT?!?