NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nomar Mazara 2017 Outlook

41 minutes ago, cs3 said:

This makes you sound a bit ignorant. The age of the debut is not that important in and of itself, but how many of those guys that you keep referring  to were as successful as Mazara was at 20 in MLB?

Go ahead, get your list together.

Don't encourage this. He will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and just wear you down and the thread will become a barren wasteland of logical fallacies. #makemazarathreadgreatagain emerged for a reason.

Edited by amcsoldier
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Everyone gets to evaluate talent their own way to their own liking. 

Specials particular approach to Mazara is so counterintuitive and obtuse to my own way of thinking that there is just no reason to discuss it further.

1. I visited this thread just to see if Special was going to rehash the same tired drivel.  The answer to my query is clearly yes.  Mazara may need two threads.  One for Special and the rest for people who want to enjoy talking about a good young player.
1 hour ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Still can't buy into this guy until he hits lefties with authority.

Depends what you mean by "buy in".  So what if he doesn't hit lefties all that well right now, you still get the great stats he is putting up.  And will continue to put up.

18 hours ago, GJDHouse said:
  1. I visited this thread just to see if Special was going to rehash the same tired drivel.  The answer to my query is clearly yes.  Mazara may need two threads.  One for Special and the rest for people who want to enjoy talking about a good young player.

I've brought up a point worth considering, his splits vs LHP.  so far he only has 1 AB vs LHP, with a strike out. if he wants to be more successful he will have to improve on his splits against LHP from 2016.

What is this guys dynasty value right now? Tough for me to gauge where he is currently at since his hit tools look so nice, but of course has had some trouble with lefties. 

Is he currently top 10/15 OF in dynasty? Or more like top 30?

7 minutes ago, exzacly909 said:

What is this guys dynasty value right now? Tough for me to gauge where he is currently at since his hit tools look so nice, but of course has had some trouble with lefties. 

Is he currently top 10/15 OF in dynasty? Or more like top 30?

In dynasty I'd say he's a clear top 15 OF, probably top 10. Top 50 overall.