Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Rizzo 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Seems like a late first rounder to me. 

 

In auction drafts, depends on the setting, but seems like a generally high 30s guy to me. 

 

He's still young so there's still room for growth and he's in an excellent lineup. 

 

Anyone see cause for for concern or could we generally expect about the same as last year with maybe a couple slight improvements?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's cause for concern, he's an exceptionally safe pick. Likely to contribute 100/30/100/.280 with an OPS around 900. Something like that.

 

That said, I think he's a little overrated. I see people rank him above people like Josh Donaldson/Miguel Cabrera and I just don't understand it. They'll do the same thing but with more power.

I get it though, Rizzo is safe, and he won't ruin you any leagues. And maybe he'll end up hitting more HR, he hit 32 last year despite only hitting 1 for a whole month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I don't think there's cause for concern, he's an exceptionally safe pick. Likely to contribute 100/30/100/.280 with an OPS around 900. Something like that.

 

That said, I think he's a little overrated. I see people rank him above people like Josh Donaldson/Miguel Cabrera and I just don't understand it. They'll do the same thing but with more power.

I get it though, Rizzo is safe, and he won't ruin you any leagues. And maybe he'll end up hitting more HR, he hit 32 last year despite only hitting 1 for a whole month.

 

Yeah I don't think I'd put him in the top 5, but top 8-12 seems about right. And it is nice that his floor is so high. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

High floor dude with insane lineup protection and run producing capabilities. I like him more in real life than I do in fantasy though. He's certainly not a bad pick by any means, but I'd personally rather have Miggy or Votto for a slightly lower price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nittanychris said:

I can't quite figure out why people are not more excited about this guy. I think he could provide a bit of value for a top 10 guy and that rarely happens. Usually you have to pay premium for that level of player. 

 

Probably because he's only had one top 20 season to date. He finished 36th last season, 19th the season before, and 24th the year before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

 

Probably because he's only had one top 20 season to date. He finished 36th last season, 19th the season before, and 24th the year before that.

Agreed. Miggy and Votto are both capable of matching and/or surpassing him in R, HR & RBI and they are both pretty much locks to beat him by 25-50 points in AVG. I do like Rizzo, I seriously do... but I think his price is just a bit too high compared to other 1B guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not flashy but almost guaranteed .270-280 30-35 100-110.  Just plug and play and let him do his thing.

 

Remember the days when he came up with the Padres and hit .143.  After that and the cancer issue, to see him flourishing now is an incredible story.

 

If I had a son...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FUM said:

Not flashy but almost guaranteed .270-280 30-35 100-110.  Just plug and play and let him do his thing.

 

Remember the days when he came up with the Padres and hit .143.  After that and the cancer issue, to see him flourishing now is an incredible story.

 

If I had a son...

FOUND RIZZO'S FATHER

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SwayzeExpress said:

Rizzo made his second appearance at 2B tonight. 8 more shifts away before he is 1B/2B eligible. Also has 1 OF appearance as well. If he had 1B/2B/OF eligibility that would be unreal.

 

I think he'd break the 2B rankings if he picked up eligibility there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, ktierne3 said:

The stolen bases are nice. One thing I didn't anticipate when I drafted him.

He's usually good for 10-15 depending on if the Cubs are running or not . I just hope to a higher power that he gains 2B eligibility 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WouldntYouLikeToKnow said:

10 games needed in Yahoo,  or 5 starts.

 

Serious question, how much does his value go up if he get 2B eligibility? Top 5 players? Top 3? Above Altuve?

Top 2 IMO... him n altuve would be about same value in my eyes depends what you need more pop or speed 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...