NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Rizzo 2017 Outlook

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, The General said:

How does this work? If he is in the area closer to 2B during a shift on a play he gets credit for 2B for the game?

Whatever it is if he gets 2B eligibility that would be awesome.

He plays so far in during bunts that Zobrist covers first. Clint Hurdle made a fuss and made Rizzo use a standard fielders glove and Zobrist a 1st basemen's glove. Zobrist technically is the 1B and Rizzo 2B during one play. If you look at boxscores you see "Rizzo 1b-2b-1b".

Also, for some reason, Rizzo's twitter bio says "Official Twitter of Anthony Rizzo--First Baseman/ Second Baseman #44--World Series Champion Chicago Cubs"

Just now, SwayzeExpress said:

He plays so far in during bunts that Zobrist covers first. Clint Hurdle made a fuss and made Rizzo use a standard fielders glove and Zobrist a 1st basemen's glove. Zobrist technically is the 1B and Rizzo 2B during one play. If you look at boxscores you see "Rizzo 1b-2b-1b".

Also, for some reason, Rizzo's twitter bio says "Official Twitter of Anthony Rizzo--First Baseman/ Second Baseman #44--World Series Champion Chicago Cubs"

I was just reading about this. I guess it's some alignment that Maddon uses on sac bunts. Unless something bad happens he'll probably keep using it if he's done it 3 times already. Pretty sweet, going to make some folks mad, anyone who doesn't own Rizzo :lol: 

My league needs 10 games which is lame but hopefully in another month and a half or so.

2 hours ago, The General said:

I was just reading about this. I guess it's some alignment that Maddon uses on sac bunts. Unless something bad happens he'll probably keep using it if he's done it 3 times already. Pretty sweet, going to make some folks mad, anyone who doesn't own Rizzo :lol: 

My league needs 10 games which is lame but hopefully in another month and a half or so.

I have Rizzo in a CBS dynasty league.  There it's only 5 appearances.  Tragically, I also own Altuve there so it's not quite as valuable.  But still nice to have positional flexibility for off days, injuries, etc...  I might just run him out of 2B and Altuve as DH just for ***** and grins.

18 minutes ago, WouldntYouLikeToKnow said:

I think it's pretty safe to assume at this point it's going to happen.

Anyone have opinions on how much this changes his value? I'm personally thinking of offering Goldy for him.

I think someone said it earlier, and I agree, he'll be no. 2 behind Altuve in 2B rankings.

20 minutes ago, WouldntYouLikeToKnow said:

Agree he would easily be the #2 2B but wondering how this changes his overall ranking. Does he move ahead of guys like Machado, Bryant, Mookie? 

I think he'd fall right after them. If Rizzo had 2B eligibility to start the 2017 season I think it'd go something like this:

1.Trout

2. Betts

3. Altuve

4. Arenado

5. Bryant

6. Machado

7. Rizzo

8. Harper

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Anyone else noticing the Sbs?  Not that I'm complaining but he's up to 4.

Really nice surprise.  only way it can get better is with 2nd base eligibility.  Going to be a good year for rizzo 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Random Dude said:

My head will explode if this thread turns into a debate over benching Anthony Rizzo. 

This. He is one of the most safe and consistent hitters in all of baseball. The guy still has an .840 OPS...

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers