NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sonny Gray 2017 outlook

31 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Not sure what you guys are talking about. He'd been very solid up until last night. Just got beat by a good team.

Agreed. Same with Berrios and Houston. Cleveland has been struggling, but is a damn good hitting team, especially now that E5 is hitting. Colorado gets a lot of props for having the best lineup in baseball, but look at this

Kipnis

Lindor

Brantley

Santana

E5

Ramirez

That is an excellent top 5. Brantley's power has dipped, and Ramirez has struggled recently, but I would seriously consider benching SPs against this team moving forward (non-studs). Now, he gets the Nats next, which is another team he might struggle with. Let's see how he does, but you should not drop him after this week.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Danskeren said:

Looking great until the 6th inning, where Oakland's fantastic defense really didn't do him any favors. After 6 he has an era of 3.0 and a whip of 1.67.

The striekouts are a nice surprise. I didn't expect 10k games. Defense is costing him runs, pitches, and chances for wins. Glad he was able to get that QS

2 minutes ago, mtblock said:

The striekouts are a nice surprise. I didn't expect 10k games. Defense is costing him runs, pitches, and chances for wins. Glad he was able to get that QS

Sure was, but that whip though.. Damn

Anyone brave enough to roll him out against the Yankees? At least it is in Oakland, but unless someone has a really great argument, he is on my roto-bench tonight.

Fine starts against the Nationals and the Rays (two last) but a terrible start against Cleveland before that. If it was 2015-Sonny Gray I would start him, but he seems to be too volatile in his performance to be used against a hot Yankees lineup.

2 minutes ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Due to my staff being ALL SP4s-SP6s, I have to.

Expecting 5.2, 8Ks, 2BB, 8 Hits, 4er

That sounds about right. No way we get out of this with anything less than a 1.8+ WHIP, I'm afraid

8 minutes ago, absknicks said:

And we're off... leadoff bomb to Springer, 4 pitch walk to Reddick. Should've benched him, this is going to be a brutal beating I'm afraid. 

he's awful - my point is why own him then if we can't trusts him?  He's so scary to own .  Im afraid hes droppable at this point.  Alot of his implosions are self imposed.  Walks, wild pitches.

Just now, JetsAwesome said:

he's awful - my point is why own him then if we can't trusts him?  He's so scary to own .  Im afraid hes droppable at this point.  Alot of his implosions are self imposed.  Walks, wild pitches.

Yeah, he's terrible. I'm cutting bait. I haven't liked what I've seen at all from him, even in his "better" starts. He doesn't have any clue where the ball is going. He's the type of guy who people will stick with due to name value but the extra month you hold onto him due to that could cost you big time in the long run. 

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

Yeah, he's terrible. I'm cutting bait. I haven't liked what I've seen at all from him, even in his "better" starts. He doesn't have any clue where the ball is going. He's the type of guy who people will stick with due to name value but the extra month you hold onto him due to that could cost you big time in the long run. 

Dude destroyed my ratios  - took me forever to get my ERA down.  Hes awful 5 earned runs in one inning.  He literally cant get one out right now.  Awful!

Edited by JetsAwesome
1 minute ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

(Bundy + Sonny = Ratios rekt! Lol why even start any pitchers at this point)

Outside of 10 guys no one can be trusts even Kershaw Strasburg and Sale have been getting roughed up here and there this year.

This year with SP is like Russian Roulette.

Just now, JetsAwesome said:

Outside of 10 guys no one can be trusts even Kershaw Strasburg and Sale have been getting roughed up here and there this year.

This year with SP is like Russian Roulette.

Except Zach Greinke in Coors...against me.

I am going to hold Gray for his CWS start just because i need Ks with my ratios already shot. Probably my drop when ERod comes back

Just now, mtblock said:

Except Zach Greinke in Coors...against me.

I am going to hold Gray for his CWS start just because i need Ks with my ratios already shot. Probably my drop when ERod comes back

Be weary of the White Sox start they Got Abreu, Cabrera, Davidson and Garcia.  All can def take wild throwing Sonny deep.  Perhaps you can start another SP.