NBC Sports Edge Forums

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

VelvetMerkin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2017 at 5:58 AM, SicarioSanity said:

Trade deadline is near! Now is the time to conserve your player adds. I just hope that this year's deadline will have more action. Last year was a snoozefest, I think Markieff was the most significant name involved. I remember the trade deadline thread going crazy right before the tipping point. I live in Manila and it was around 3 or 4am and was refreshing the thread for updates (the deadline thread here is the fastest one for updates, trust me) and didn't get any sleep at all haha and all I got was Norris Cole!

For deep leaguers, who are the must stashes at this point or those who deserves a careful eye on?

Here are my personal picks:

Justin Hamilton, BKN - I have a feeling that there is a chance that the Nets will deal Brook in exchange for picks, which they sorely need. When that happens, Hamilton is a must-add, and BKN has a great PO sched as well. 

Richaun Holmes, PHI - with all the Okafor to NO rumors and with Embiid who can't seem to get over his injuries, I believe Richaun should get a shout out here. Underrated player who delivers the goodies when given the minutes. 

Justin Holiday, NYK - if Carmelo leaves NYK, he is a guy you should run to get. Of course it would depend on which players NYK gets back from the possible Melo trade. 

Mario Hezonja, ORL - he is more swag than substance but if Ibaka gets traded, then Aaron gets shifted to the 4 which is his natural position, then Mario should be a more than serviceable fantasy asset down the stretch. 

There should be more out there. Anyone else worth adding, let's exclude the obvious breakout candidates (Zubac, Willy, etc) here because those guys are owned already most probably. 

None of those guys are talented enough to be worth owning in standard leagues even with larger roles.

As reported by Basketball Insiders, The New Orleans Pelicans and Brooklyn Nets have discussed a trade of Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, Tim Frazier and a 2018 protected first-round pick for Brook Lopez

4 minutes ago, Wook said:

As reported by Basketball Insiders, The New Orleans Pelicans and Brooklyn Nets have discussed a trade of Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, Tim Frazier and a 2018 protected first-round pick for Brook Lopez

If this goes through, pick up Frazier?

10 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Wow. Yeah, I'd run for Frazier. The nets stupidly cut yogi, but Frazier has proved he's a stud at the beginning of the season. Not to mention that PO schedule.

Even if Lin is healthy? 

Just now, Chrizz said:

Even if Lin is healthy? 

In my 14 teamer, I drafted Frazier and watched as he emerged as a top fantasy guy. A week or so before Jrue returned, I shipped him in a low package for Hayward. If Frazier gets the same burn he did in his starts at NOP, he'll be worth an add if only as a trade chip to a team also entering POs.

Lin is iffy and all sites, as well as most users on here, have a belief that he will be on a strict minute restriction and sit out back-to-backs. It won't be hard for Frazier to outplay Whitehead or Dinwiddie, I'd be more concerned (outside of Lin) of Tyreke and Galloway.

Why would the Nets do it? They need to have 10 players for the guard position? It doesn't seem likely.

And now I read the article, protected 2018 first round pick+a bunch of scrubs for BroLo? Who believes this garbage?

35 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

In my 14 teamer, I drafted Frazier and watched as he emerged as a top fantasy guy. A week or so before Jrue returned, I shipped him in a low package for Hayward. If Frazier gets the same burn he did in his starts at NOP, he'll be worth an add if only as a trade chip to a team also entering POs.

Lin is iffy and all sites, as well as most users on here, have a belief that he will be on a strict minute restriction and sit out back-to-backs. It won't be hard for Frazier to outplay Whitehead or Dinwiddie, I'd be more concerned (outside of Lin) of Tyreke and Galloway.

LMAO In what world you would be able to trade Frazier for Hayward...I hope it's a huge package Frazier being a part of it.

2 minutes ago, tehtre said:

LMAO In what world you would be able to trade Frazier for Hayward...I hope it's a huge package Frazier being a part of it.

It was not haha. I said low package and I mean LOW like waiver fodder. Granted, Hayward was still on INJ at that point, but you have to think steps ahead if you want to win the chip.

Just now, mcflywalker said:

It was not haha. I said low package and I mean LOW like waiver fodder. Granted, Hayward was still on INJ at that point, but you have to think steps ahead if you want to win the chip.

The Other guy is just retarded.. that's not even buying low selling high... just straight out retarded. congratz to you hopefully it is a money league

28 minutes ago, tehtre said:

In my 12 Team money league, I traded  Tim Frazier when he was doing well for Shroder when he was bad. 

43 minutes ago, aemgraze said:

I thought Charlotte gave a Pick + Cash for Birdman, and waiving Birdman means they still have to pay Birdman's contract right?

http://www.nba.com/hornets/press-releases/hornets-acquire-chris-andersen-and-cash-c-onsiderations-cavaliers

EDIT: I'm assuming the money Cavs gave covered the cost of waiving Birdman and then some. My new questions is, why didn't the Cavs waive him themselves? The shot at the pick is virtually non-existent (top-55 protected, Charlotte would have to finish with a top 5 record overall in the NBA). Is the chance at the pick worth it to give up some cash and get a roster space? Or is there other financial considerations that would cost the Cavs more to waive him themselves?

23 minutes ago, FroButtons said:

http://www.nba.com/hornets/press-releases/hornets-acquire-chris-andersen-and-cash-c-onsiderations-cavaliers

EDIT: I'm assuming the money Cavs gave covered the cost of waiving Birdman and then some. My new questions is, why didn't the Cavs waive him themselves? The shot at the pick is virtually non-existent (top-55 protected, Charlotte would have to finish with a top 5 record overall in the NBA). Is the chance at the pick worth it to give up some cash and get a roster space? Or is there other financial considerations that would cost the Cavs more to waive him themselves?

The cave got a small trade exception by making the deal. Sometimes they are valuable chips as it allows the team to acquire a player via trade and not have to match salaries as the salaries can be off by the exception amount +100k.

Archived