NBC Sports EDGE Forums

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

VelvetMerkin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I doubt Danny Ainge will be dumb enough to give up both Nets pick for Butler. Jimmy is grear but he's not a superstar on Lebron or Kawhi's level. Bulls doesn't have much leverage either so I doubt they get to dictate the terms. If Chicago can get the Nets 2017 pick and Crowder or Smart, I am sure they would've jumped at the deal already

I agree about Ainge, although I don't know what he does with those draft picks He doesn't have the roster space for any rookies next year. I will also agreat that Butler is no LBJ or Leonard, but Butler and Paul George are next tier of 2 way guards. You can't find that out there, with that being said, the Bulls would not jump on a Crowder and 1 draft pick. It's not worth it to them. Especially with that friendly contract. Therefore, the Bulls stay put on Butler.

32 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Do you think they keep rondo? I'm debating the stash and it's interesting to think they're consider moving butler away.

Unfortunately, there is not much of a market out there for Rondo. He is a good teammate, but collides with some head coaches in the past. We wouldn't get much for him. I was hoping the Clippers would of taken a gamble after CP3's injusry, but they are doing just fine. I'd be happy with just a shooter or a 2nd round pick for him. Doubt we get either.

IMO Celtics have made the best offer out there.  They obviously have what Sactown would be looking for.  Chicago has slept too long with Jimmy Butler.   Is it coincidence all this chatter is happening, agent denies and then he plays 2 minutes in the All Star Game.  Where there is smoke there is usually fire...c'mon Danny, pull the trigger...

1 minute ago, XOrad10 said:

Suns I think would be the Team. Warren should be on your watchlist. Just in case it's the suns. 

a few months ago i heard afew trade rumors for suns. was warren involved in them? i think len and him were along with a pick?

Archived