NBC Sports EDGE Forums

RW Forum Playoff Challenge 2016

Impreza178

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Will close this draft by picking Jalen Richard of the Oakland raiders. This guy is actually a good player, hope he gets more touches with murray banged up. 

i was really close to pulling this trigger too. He's flashed at times this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Will close this draft by picking Jalen Richard of the Oakland raiders. This guy is actually a good player, hope he gets more touches with murray banged up. 

he was the most logical of what was left imo. with a run heavy gameplan he should get a few touches and maybe even a few td opportunities if they get down there and murray needs a breather or gets nicked up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scuppers said:

Make it official:

MATT MOORE

I'd totally be up for joining a league next year. 

i think you get a decent game from Moore to be honest.  I can see them playing catch up in this game, so Moore will sling it more then usual to keep pace.  If one or two of Parker/Stills/Landry get to pay dirt you might come away with a healthy point total, even if its only one game.

Edited by BlakeP42

1 minute ago, Bartos said:

I was expecting him or Prosise 

i was going to ask, how many of us in here were thinking over Prosise???? i know i was as my flex but i got too scared off.  Sounds like he may return for the divisional round but thats too risky to chance in this format

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlakeP42 said:

i was going to ask, how many of us in here were thinking over Prosise???? i know i was as my flex but i got too scared off.  Sounds like he may return for the divisional round but thats too risky to chance in this format

I almost went Prosise, but since he is missing a game already and they could lose, I went Cmike, which who knows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlakeP42 said:

not me. i was eyeing collins as a lotto ticket in the wake of ineffective rawls but not procise even though i like the hawks to take out atlanta in the 2nd rd. i just can't trust what carroll says about injured players. too risky like ya said and if pete says he's close to a return i add a few weeks to that. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Packdog said:

not me. i was eyeing collins as a lotto ticket in the wake of ineffective rawls but not procise even though i like the hawks to take out atlanta in the 2nd rd. i just can't trust what carroll says about injured players. too risky like ya said and if pete says he's close to a return i add a few weeks to that. lol

thats the truth on Carroll but i figured you guys had to be thinking it over as i was.  Give me Prosise over Rawls next year easily.  Love the guys talent and they way he was being used.  With a bit more experience under his belt he's going to be a player to keep an eye on.   Taking a chance on Prosise in this format though is a quick coffin nail i figure with so much unknown 

• Like 1

QB Connor Cook

RB Jalen Richard

RB DeAngelo Williams

WR Julio Jones

WR Davante Adams

WR Eli Rogers

TE Jared Cook

D/ST Green Bay Packers

K Matt Bryant

Team slogan: Go Pack Go

fairly simple at the 1.11: if you can't get a top QB or RB, stack up everywhere else. In hindsight, I could have gone with either Antonio Brown or Devonta Freeman. I chose Adams over these two for the following reasons:

1. Picking Freeman meant too much exposure to the Falcons. Epecially with super stud Julio locked in as a second round selection, and with Taylor Gabriel rated as my favorite of all the mid round WR3s, I was keen on staying away from putting most of my proverbial eggs in the Falcons basket. While I like the Falcons' chances more and more with each passing day, I'm not sure I can bet the house on them playing more than two games with Green Bay/Dallas living in the same bracket. Having said that, the two games are expected to be high scoring, fantasy-friendly games; so adding a Falcons kicker at the one and done position is still justifiable. 

2. My lack of confidence in the Steelers. I'm not sure the General public understands how good the Kansas City Chiefs are. While Andy Reid's men lack star power, they boast of considerable success in one of the league's toughest divisions. They possess the 3 elements needed for post season success; 1. A strong pass rush with Dee Ford and Justin Houston. 2. A strong, clock killing run game, and 3. Home field advantage. The latter being particularly noteworthy, as Arrowhead remains one of the toughest stadiums to play in. KC at Arrowhead presents a massive stumbling block, so I'm not too sure if the Steelers last beyond 2 games either. 

With that said, this is a game of probabilities and accumulation. The Steelers do possess the star power and the experience; they cannot be ignored as a Super Bowl contender, so I found it fairly easy to justify picking Eli Rogers as a WR3. It guarantees me the necessary "just in case" exposure to a AFC powerhouse guaranteed to feature in two games. DeAngelo Williams was an equally sensible pick for the same purpose, and as the most valuable handcuff in the competition, he could be the wildcard to give me an advantage. 

Speaking of wildcards, the nature of the league's format made Jared Cook a fairly straightforward selection in the third round. surprisingly enough, Aaron Rodgers has a much better QB rating with him as opposed to without him, and this could be indicative of a larger role going forward. In the absence of a steady run game, receivers bear the burden of moving the chains, making Cook a central figure while defenses focus their energies on stopping jordy Nelson and Davante adams. 

Last but not least, we're obviously banking on the Raidahs to pull an upset. Connor Cook turned in a competent performance against Denver, and while the playoffs may not be the ideal time to make your first full start, he has shown he belongs at this level. With two 1000 yard receivers to throw to, one can expect a decent fantasy performance. Not so for Jalen Richard, who is more of a peripheral player. However, he tends to flash each time he gets the ball and holds one of the league's highest elusive ratings...what better to unleash him than in the playoffs? Fingers crossed. 

Good luck to everyone, especially the packers and steelers, who I hope will be playing the Super Bowl 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlakeP42 said:

Never really considered him. In this format you can't really afford to speculate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Never really considered him. In this format you can't really afford to speculate.

yea good point Pete.  I would have been way more tempted though if Seattle had a bye week.  Prosise can ball, but i agree, this format will strangle you if you guessed wrong 

I wasn't able to join this league, but it looks fun.

i did take the time to check out the draft and I did my best to make a team of my own with the leftover players...ladies and gentlemen..l. I introduce to you..l

The Sloppy Seconds!

(all qbs, kickers, and defenses were taken, so no wiggle room there)

Qb. Na
RB. Rashad Jennings
RB. Dwayne Washington
WR. Devante Parker
WR. V Cruz
Flex. Aldrich Robinson
TE. Richard Rogers
D. Na
K. Na

• Like 5

8 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I wasn't able to join this league, but it looks fun.

i did take the time to check out the draft and I did my best to make a team of my own with the leftover players...ladies and gentlemen..l. I introduce to you..l

The Sloppy Seconds!

(all qbs, kickers, and defenses were taken, so no wiggle room there)

Qb. Na
RB. Rashad Jennings
RB. Dwayne Washington
WR. Devante Parker
WR. V Cruz
Flex. Aldrich Robinson
TE. Richard Rogers
D. Na
K. Na

Jennings was taken but the rest were left there.  I'd throw prosise in that mix if he returns next week could be good 

25 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Sounds good...how's the bad wing treating you?

Its not too bad man-  rotator cuff and bicep tendon were in good shape.    Those are the 2 worst issues to have.   

Labrum torn about 2 inches on bottom and arthritis cleanup from years of hockey and construction.  Just a week or two in the sling- then PT.  

Edited by Impreza178

23 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Its not too bad man-  rotator cuff and bicep tendon were in good shape.    Those are the 2 worst issues to have.   

Labrum torn about 2 inches on bottom and arthritis cleanup from years of hockey and construction.  Just a week or two in the sling- then PT.  

Nice. Hopefully you'll be ready for spring training when pitchers and catchers report. :P