Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Billy Hamilton 2017 Outlook


tywalson
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Why would they DL him at this time of the year? 

 

the 10-day is basically irrelevant now, as you're suggesting here, but some teams still do occasionally use it anyway - i guess to be dicks to their players so they can point to "X DL stints" during arbitration cases? or whatever. but there's also some small chance they might put him on the 60-day to free up a 40-man spot for another september callup, if their 40 is currently full (which i don't know)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Why would they DL him at this time of the year? 

 

I just said they wouldn't. Not sure what your point is. The only way they'd DL him is to put him on the 60 so they could add someone to the 40-man, but they won't do that because they think he can return for the last week. And it's a shame because bringing him back that final week is pointless for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me get the obligatory saltiness out of the way first: I drafted Hamilton as part of a plan to own the steals, runs, and triples cats, and now this BS. At least I lucked into Marte when an impatient owner dropped him during the suspension. Anyway, who y'all picking up as a replacement? 

 

I think I need to replace the speed, so I'm choosing between Maybin, Mallex Smith, Broxton, and Zimmer. Margot if you think he'll start running more. I'm leaning toward Maybin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, dmac88 said:

Let me get the obligatory saltiness out of the way first: I drafted Hamilton as part of a plan to own the steals, runs, and triples cats, and now this BS. At least I lucked into Marte when an impatient owner dropped him during the suspension. Anyway, who y'all picking up as a replacement? 

 

I think I need to replace the speed, so I'm choosing between Maybin, Mallex Smith, Broxton, and Zimmer. Margot if you think he'll start running more. I'm leaning toward Maybin. 

 

I'm not picking anyone up to replace his SBs. I have 2nd place in SBs locked up (roto), so I'm not going to kill myself chasing steals for three weeks. Out of that less-than-stellar group, I'd lean towards Maybin as well. Broxton hasn't had a steal in more than a month. Mallex sucks. Zimmer is hitting well below .200 over the last several weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I'm not picking anyone up to replace his SBs. I have 2nd place in SBs locked up (roto), so I'm not going to kill myself chasing steals for three weeks. Out of that less-than-stellar group, I'd lean towards Maybin as well. Broxton hasn't had a steal in more than a month. Mallex sucks. Zimmer is hitting well below .200 over the last several weeks. 

Yeah, I'm h2h so I have to think about the playoffs unfortunately. Your reasoning above is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Maybin has had two good months and has been awful since the break, but he has the longest track record of success of the bunch. Zimmer is a rook and could make an adjustment back, but I can't take that risk right now. Broxton just doesn't make enough contact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dmac88 said:

Yeah, I'm h2h so I have to think about the playoffs unfortunately. Your reasoning above is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Maybin has had two good months and has been awful since the break, but he has the longest track record of success of the bunch. Zimmer is a rook and could make an adjustment back, but I can't take that risk right now. Broxton just doesn't make enough contact.

 

Yeah, then you definitely have to try to replace as many as you can. Maybin should give you that best option...but this is baseball. Lol. Hopefully it works out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dmac88 said:

Yeah, I'm h2h so I have to think about the playoffs unfortunately. Your reasoning above is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Maybin has had two good months and has been awful since the break, but he has the longest track record of success of the bunch. Zimmer is a rook and could make an adjustment back, but I can't take that risk right now. Broxton just doesn't make enough contact.

 

I picked up Maybin last week before Billy got injured. He's been hot and looks like a good fit in the potent Houston lineup. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

I picked up Maybin last week before Billy got injured. He's been hot and looks like a good fit in the potent Houston lineup. 

 

At the end of the day, Billy Hamilton wasn't giving me average. Maybin won't match his steals and runs totals, but he's the guy available who'll come closest so I think I'll go with him. Once Yahoo gets it together and lists Hamilton as on the DL... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dmac88 said:

At the end of the day, Billy Hamilton wasn't giving me average. Maybin won't match his steals and runs totals, but he's the guy available who'll come closest so I think I'll go with him. Once Yahoo gets it together and lists Hamilton as on the DL... 

 

I grabbed DeShields when Beltre went down. Now with Billy out, I'm hoping he can keep up with some production

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I just said they wouldn't. Not sure what your point is. The only way they'd DL him is to put him on the 60 so they could add someone to the 40-man, but they won't do that because they think he can return for the last week. And it's a shame because bringing him back that final week is pointless for them. 

I was just asking why they would as it is so late in the season/ September and so rarely done.  Thanks to Wily Mo now I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

I was just asking why they would as it is so late in the season/ September and so rarely done.  Thanks to Wily Mo now I know.

 

Oh my bad. I thought you were getting snarky with me. I apologize for getting snarky with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...