NBC Sports Edge Forums

Max Scherzer 2017 Outlook

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thu, Mar 16

Max Scherzer (finger) is expected to make his Grapefruit League debut on Wednesday.

Advice: "We'll take the training wheels off," pitching coach Mike Maddux told reporters Thursday, after watching Scherzer throw 54 pitches over three innings in a minor league game. The reigning NL Cy Young Award winner had been experimenting with a three-finger grip designed to alleviate some of the pressure on his fractured right ring finger, but he used his normal two-finger grip on Thursday and felt fine. Scherzer should be ready to start one of the Nationals' first five regular-season games. And he might still be in play for Opening Day.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I would put him behind Kershaw again, but Thor is close. I know that Scherzer dropped blow Thor and Bum on Yahoo.

I think the one thing that stil seperares Thor from the elite is workload at this point but that's it. That's the only reason I question taking Thor over the other 2.  

38 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I think the one thing that stil seperares Thor from the elite is workload at this point but that's it. That's the only reason I question taking Thor over the other 2.  

Same here. If you told me that Thor, Bum, and Sale would throw the same (or similar) amount of innings this season, I would unequivocally take Thor. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Scherzer is looking pretty good. Not the Mets' strongest line up, but still good nonetheless. Any idea what his FB velocity is tonight? I wish MLB.TV was showing the game.

Scherzer goes 96, 97, 97 to strike out Tebow on 3 pitches.

Edited by Jeremy Shockey
5 minutes ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

Scherzer goes 96, 97, 97 to strike out Tebow on 3 pitches.

He could have probably thrown 80 and it would have worked. 

But that's wicked. I have exactly 0 Scherzer shares, but would love to have him as my SP1. Dude is filthy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...