NBC Sports Edge Forums

Troy Tulowitzki 2017 Outlook

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jdbob11 said:

It's called on the decline.  He just got dropped in my league.  I didnt even know how terrible he had been until I clicked on him this morning. 

He is just 32.   He has been bad since they traded for him,  in 209 games and 787 AB's.  94 runs, 31 HR, 111 RBI, slashing .248/.308/.410.   .718 OPS.    

He was 30 when they traded for him.    ages 30 - 32 are still considered prime.   

Career  .780 OPS at Rogers Center, .794 on Road, and .949 at Coors

45 minutes ago, rich22 said:

He is just 32.   He has been bad since they traded for him,  in 209 games and 787 AB's.  94 runs, 31 HR, 111 RBI, slashing .248/.308/.410.   .718 OPS.    

He was never eye popping away from Coors.  For his entire career he only has more than 10 HR's in two ball parks, Coors and Rogers.  That's A LOT of at bats with not alot of hrs in all the other parks he has ever played in.

3 hours ago, rich22 said:

32, but his body has always been at least 65. Dude is made of glass. 

• 5 weeks later...

Blue Jays placed INF Troy Tulowitzki on the 10-day disabled list with a right ankle injury.

Advice: Tulowitzki suffered the injury during Friday's game against the Angels. He's heading for an MRI on Saturday to determine the full extent and severity of the ailment. Ryan Goins and Darwin Barney will occupy the middle infield in Toronto for the time being.

(Rotoworld.com)

9 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

Blue Jays placed INF Troy Tulowitzki on the 10-day disabled list with a right ankle injury.

Advice: Tulowitzki suffered the injury during Friday's game against the Angels. He's heading for an MRI on Saturday to determine the full extent and severity of the ailment. Ryan Goins and Darwin Barney will occupy the middle infield in Toronto for the time being.

(Rotoworld.com)

Shocked.gif 

Tulo doesn't love baseball.  Tulo loves the money baseball offers.  He's not a competitor.  He's strictly in baseball for the money and it's more than obvious.  He would literally get hurt drinking a glass of water if it meant yet another DL stint.  He is GARBAGE!  I'm so thankful that he doesn't play in St. Louis!

9 minutes ago, 96GOAT said:

Tulo doesn't love baseball.  Tulo loves the money baseball offers.  He's not a competitor.  He's strictly in baseball for the money and it's more than obvious.  He would literally get hurt drinking a glass of water if it meant yet another DL stint.  He is GARBAGE!  I'm so thankful that he doesn't play in St. Louis!

How do you know he doesn't love baseball ?

35 minutes ago, Topgun said:

That ridiculous.

Is it?  How so?  Do you really feel like his skills have declined that much to where he is worse than half of his peers at only age 32?  If so, you're either completely in love with Tulowitzki or you're in denial.  Tulo has checked out mentally.  I find it hard to believe that you'd even try to defend this guy.  He's not relevant anymore and I've already wasted two minutes of my day on this chump.  I'm not wasting anymore.

Outside of Coors = worthless.  Ended up being viciously overrated.  Not even worth a look in mixed leagues.  Low end AL only option is basically what he is now.  

Just now, Cmilne23 said:

Outside of Coors = worthless.  Ended up being viciously overrated.  Not even worth a look in mixed leagues.  Low end AL only option is basically what he is now.  

Wish we could dig up the 2015 thread where many of us said the same thing.  He could be serviceable if he was completely healthy.  Not just staying off the DL but no nagging injuries either.  He hasn't been able to pull that off in a decade though.  The end is near 

Not appealing at all as a fantasy asset, but saying the "end is near" is a bit extreme imo.

Last year Tulo put up a 2.8 WAR. That seems pretty good.

This year has been a trainwreck, but hey, it's been a lost year all together for the Jays: Donaldson and Bautista are having nightmarish campaigns as well.

• 2 weeks later...