NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitch Haniger 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, MJDrocks said:

Yeah, but let's be real... at least 60% of Fantasy Baseball leagues are filled with casual baseball fans.  I don't buy much into % owned.

Absolutely, but you'd also have to admit that even with owners that do their research, there was other intriguing prospects ahead of him.  Said owners also most likely stock their bench full of pitchers instead of position players. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my draft the day before the season started and I only picked up Mitch to fill in for Ian Desmond. I'm going to have to make room for Mitch because it looks like his sleeper potential might actually be realized this season. 

9 runs in 8 games and he is not even hitting for average right now. If he sticks in the 2 spot all season 100 plus runs scored isn't crazy.  As far as other projections I'm hoping for 20-25 hrs with 15-20 steals.  

On 4/6/2017 at 9:49 AM, wily mo said:

i keep waiting for someone to declare him a bust after 3 games so i can point out that the entire mariners offense has been shut down by some good pitching so far, nelson + cano are a combined 3 for 24, etc

but nobody's doing it

why are you guys being so mature about this and depriving me of my fun

is it on the overreaction thread? where is it. take me to the haniger doubt

BRING ME the haniger doubters. bring me their heads

laser off the wall for an RBI double (helps to have dyson on first). almost got thrown out at second because he hit it too hard

i still like him

Haniger is doing a great job setting the table.   On base another 4 times tonight (1 2b and 3 bb) out of 5.     He had some really good takes.  I feel better about his plate discipline. 

He's the lone bright spot on an otherwise dog**** team.  The Mariners are the Haniger-Segura trade away from being winless right now.  The 2 guys who have had an actual pulse this year on the team.  Very nice player.  Looking forward to seeing how he develops. 

13 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He's the lone bright spot on an otherwise dog**** team.  The Mariners are the Haniger-Segura trade away from being winless right now.  The 2 guys who have had an actual pulse this year on the team.  Very nice player.  Looking forward to seeing how he develops. 

*coughJamesPaxtoncough*

But um yea, It has been nice having him in the lineup. He's scored at least a run in every game this season besides Opening Day.

Edited by Gryfter
7 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

That trade almost looks as bad as the Shelby one already. Man those D-Backs front office guys are smart.

2 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Man, Mitch just missed a HR by an inch....crazy.  Longest RBI single I've ever seen.

already flew out to the track earlier in the game. playing horseshoes. he'll get it over eventually

1 hour ago, kittenmittons said:

The breakout seems real so far.  Kid is a stud on defense too.  A young Jayson Werth might be a good comparison.   Somewhere between Jason Werth and Corey Hart?

somewhere between california and maryland 

1 hour ago, tuesdays said:

somewhere between california and maryland 

Touche...

Corey Hart was pretty good when he was 25 though, and Haniger was never really a big prospect who is supposed to be as good as it looks like he might be.

29 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Is this guy for real? 3 run dinger off of Cole Hamels. Literally picked him up as an injury fill in and he may end up being one of the best late round sleepers. I'm loving it!

Completely rebuilt his swing with one of my favorite hitting coaches out there. Kid is nice

1 hour ago, mysonx3 said:

He's Edgar. If he's not your favorite at everything he does, you're wrong.

So just realized Wahoo wasn't talking about Haniger's current hitting coach. Reading is hard. I guess Wahoo is just wrong then for not having Edgar as his favorite hitting coach haha