NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitch Haniger 2017 Outlook

This blurb is hilarious

Mitch Haniger went 1-for-4 with a three-run home run and four total RBI in Sunday's win over the Rangers.

Haniger connected for a three-run home run off Cole Hamels in the third inning. The tater was his fourth through the first two weeks of play. The 26-year-old outfielder hit all of five during the 2016 season. While he is unlikely to maintain his current .294/.410/.588 triple-slash, those in deeper AL-only formats looking for a little bit of bench heat might consider giving him a look while he is raking.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lbjames6 said:

This blurb is hilarious

Mitch Haniger went 1-for-4 with a three-run home run and four total RBI in Sunday's win over the Rangers.

Haniger connected for a three-run home run off Cole Hamels in the third inning. The tater was his fourth through the first two weeks of play. The 26-year-old outfielder hit all of five during the 2016 season. While he is unlikely to maintain his current .294/.410/.588 triple-slash, those in deeper AL-only formats looking for a little bit of bench heat might consider giving him a look while he is raking.

LOL...these writers are ridiculous.  Don't they know Mitch's fury cannot be contained?

15 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

This blurb is hilarious

That blurb deserves mention in the "RW Blurb Mistakes" thread.

Their writers are...SO bad.

Edited by BMcP
On 4/17/2017 at 1:56 AM, lbjames6 said:

This blurb is hilarious

Bring on the bench heat Rotoworld blurb idiots! One can only imagine what goofs the rotoworld player blurb update department is filled with,

So salty I held onto Broxton and Bird instead of grabbing him and lost out. I'm tracking games because I have Cano and Cruz, and he is literally always on base. If Segura can come back and repeat last year, Cano and Cruz are going to have MONSTER RBI #s this year. I obviously can't trade for him now, so everyone else enjoy the ride.

27 minutes ago, happymedium11 said:

damn. missed a 3 run dinger by 2 inches due to the center field wall. crank that soldja boy.

Two inches? That ball hit off the bottom half of the wall. 

Edited by lbjames6

on a serious note, this is why you can't just throw out anything that happens in the PCL

a lot of people over the winter were pooh-poohing the idea of haniger being any good, mostly just based on his minor league hitting environment

wah wah, the PCL. wah wah wah, reno

any time something happens in the PCL that people don't expect, they use the league as an excuse to just dismiss it immediately. it's very convenient

now, it's absolutely true that those are great hitting environments. people are not wrong about this

but haniger's numbers were still freaking crazy even after you took that into account. he was WAY better than anybody else in the PCL

the PCL is one of only two AAA leagues that exist. sometimes guys are going to break out there. it happens. you can't just ignore the entire league

Expanding on the PCL, not all PCL parks are these great offensive wonderlands that people seem to think. For one, the Iowa Cubs park is mostly pitching neutral despite being in the PCL. However there are some stadiums like the ones in Colorado Springs,Las Vegas,Albuquerque and Salt Lake that are absolute launching pads.

I bought high and I don't care. He hits screaming liners/flyers all over the place, totally passing the eye test. I really want to be in on him in a keeper, just a tremendous start and is the story of the season along with Thames.