Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Braun 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have traded him in the off season.  He is losing trade value with each and every injury of which there are many.  Milwaukee is in a weird place suddenly playing as a legit contender so far this season.  So will they just hold on to Braun the rest of the year?  And exactly what is wrong with him this time?

Meanwhile does Thames move to the OF and Angular(sp?)  take over 1B with Braun out again?  Or come Super 2 in a couple of weeks will Lewis Brinson finally come up if Braun is out longer? Brewers have to make decisions like they are one of the big boys this year and not a team that is just playing against San Diego for the top draft pick next year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Braun used to just get a day off here and there in these situations .. now he's hitting the 10 day DL .. 

 

Still a very explosive 5 category beast if he can shake the nagging injuries and start putting together everyday ABs for weeks on end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They should have traded him in the off season.  He is losing trade value with each and every injury of which there are many.  Milwaukee is in a weird place suddenly playing as a legit contender so far this season.  So will they just hold on to Braun the rest of the year?  And exactly what is wrong with him this time?

Meanwhile does Thames move to the OF and Angular(sp?)  take over 1B with Braun out again?  Or come Super 2 in a couple of weeks will Lewis Brinson finally come up if Braun is out longer? Brewers have to make decisions like they are one of the big boys this year and not a team that is just playing against San Diego for the top draft pick next year.

 

I firmly trust the new FO and Stearns, obv they could not find a deal with LAD or SF worth taking for Braun. His contract is really not that bad at all and MIL has no other big financial constraints--they are bank rolling cash these days. Braun gets an injury rep but has played in 135, 140 and 135 the last 3 years. I'd expect he will take a good 3-5 weeks and let this calf issue totally heal up. Lewis Brinson is not coming up anytime soon imo, I believe he might get a Sept look or something, but they have plenty of other options in the minors and no need to start his clock. They are still in the middle stages of a rolling rebuild, yes they have played well in a 55 day sample thus far but they know their arms simply aren't good enough to carry them to any sort of meaningful run right now.

Edited by ST. STEVEN
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Played in about 27 games (he was pulled early in several of them from injury) of a possible ~75 so far. 

 

This is the type of pick that completely wrecks any chances at finishing 1st in competitive leagues. 

 

We'll be lucky to get 90 games out of him this year.

 

Edited by EmbargoLifted
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Played in about 27 games (he was pulled early in several of them from injury) of a possible ~75 so far. 

 

This is the type of pick that completely wrecks any chances at finishing 1st in competitive leagues. 

 

We'll be lucky to get 90 games out of him this year.

 

One draft pick should never ruin your chances at a first place finish. Moreover, picking Braun should have come with the knowledge of DL trips and missed time. You pick him for the upside and back him up with safe floor OF. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, High&Inside said:

One draft pick should never ruin your chances at a first place finish. Moreover, picking Braun should have come with the knowledge of DL trips and missed time. You pick him for the upside and back him up with safe floor OF. 

 

I valued Braun at ~135 games ... I factored in the inevitable days off already

 

Based on his track record and current pace, he'll be lucky to finish with 90 games this season.

 

This isn't a normal Braun season where he is on the bench randomly a few games a week ... he's had LENGTHY DL stints all season long. 

 

His per PA productivity is that of a 1st rounder -- so I'm expecting him to provide beastly 5 cat production when he gets back .. but still .. based on my erroneous projections (again i baked 135 games into his cost/projection) ... it's the kind of waste/bad early pick that puts a major dent in any chance finishing 1st place in highly competitive leagues.

 

 

Edited by EmbargoLifted
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...