NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Yu Darvish 2017 Outlook

tucker26

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

he is 1-7 with 5.03 era in last 12 starts.. not good at all. 

I'm in a QS league and I see 7 pretty darn good starts in his last 10.  He was the 6th rated SP in my league till today, just ahead of deGrom & Stras.

I ain't complaining.

47 minutes ago, Pablo989 said:

I agree. He lost a lot of trade value tonight in real baseball. What a BS start from an Ace.

Opposite affect.

Teams know what he is. One bad start, every single pitcher in baseball has these games.

If anything, this opens up more value for him and the Rangers. Teams want him. Rangers MAY be more willing to make a move with yet another loss.

Nothing bad comes from this other than a loss for the Rangers in this game.

2 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

he is 1-7 with 5.03 era in last 12 starts.. not good at all. 

Exactly.  For a guy drafted as a SP1/2 who can't buy wins, everything else should be top notch.  Needless to say I won't be targeting him before the 7-8th round next year in my shallow league.

Edited by borindia

2 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

Opposite affect.

Teams know what he is. One bad start, every single pitcher in baseball has these games.

If anything, this opens up more value for him and the Rangers. Teams want him. Rangers MAY be more willing to make a move with yet another loss.

Dude has been mediocre all season and poor since he got hurt.

No way I'd trade for this guy if pm a contender.  Nor would I give him the contract he's going to want this off-season.  

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Dude has been mediocre all season and poor since he got hurt.

No way I'd trade for this guy if pm a contender.  Nor would I give him the contract he's going to want this off-season.  

he has been overrated his entire mlb career 

1 year over 200 inn

1 year sub 3 era

just south of 1.20  career whip

didnt even look into advanced stats

hes a good sp but not elite and not anyone i would want on my team in the postseason (probably could name atleast 15 other sp i would rather have)

hes like a strasburg. hamels, price

hell... give me sonny 

10 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

Opposite affect.

Not every pitcher has a game like this. I mean it's one thing to have a bad game. But to be unable to stop the bleeding at all is a really bad sign. It's impossible to look at this in any other way than value-deflating.

I mean he may still be dealt. But this outing definitely did nothing make that more likely.

12 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Welp so much for figuring he'd survive against a lineup featuring mike aviles tomas telis and the ghost of Ichiro. Wow. 

Well, there's also Giancarlo Stanton, Marcel Ozuna & Christian Yelich too, but...yea.

5 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Not every pitcher has a game like this. I mean it's one thing to have a bad game. But to be unable to stop the bleeding at all is a really bad sign. It's impossible to look at this in any other way than value-deflating.

I mean he may still be dealt. But this outing definitely did nothing make that more likely.

Agreed. If I'm a GM I'm not trading a high-end prospect for him, but what I'm trying to say is that with another Rangers loss and a bad game from Darvish and basically declining numbers from him, Daniels has to be thinking more and more of trading thus giving Darvish more value vs no value ( keeping him). Meaning going from no we're unlikely to trade him to ok let's explore some possible deals out there. Teams will still take him via trade regardless of this outing. Say the Dodgers get serious about getting him ( as example )  -- "Hey, we got Yu Darvish " fans get excited, etc. and a change of scenery might ignite some positive numbers.

4 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Against the fish???? Yu joker, way to lose me a H2H week by yourself.

He still has dominabt starts but seems unable to stop the bleeding when in trouble.

Miami has the 3rd best road offense in the league.

Of course, scoring 22 yesterday probably moved them up a couple spots. ?

16 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

i think getting out of texas would be great for his value. dodgers would be an awesome spot to land... NL team in a much more pitcher friendly park? yes, please.

The home/road splits this year are pretty glaring.  Although, oddly, his career splits are not that different.

Darvish is so puzzling to me. His stuff is so, so good. Over his past 18 starts he's only given up more than 3 earned runs three times, but I don't get how he doesn't dominate more often. Even in many of those 2-3 run starts, he doesn't *look* that good. He should be in the CY Young convo with his stuff. I still am praying the Yanks get almost anyone except him, because he is terrifying when he's on.