Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yu Darvish 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He should excel pitching in the N.L. He will have to face the D-Backs and Rockies quite often, but he also gets to feast on the Giants and the Padres. I hate the Dodgers, but their team is outstanding.

I agree.  He looked clearly comfortable with his teammates and having fellow countrymen to talk to in the dugout is awesome.  Even Roberts was born in Japan I found out recently.  The transition should be smooth for him and he looked pretty good in his delivery, finishing his pitches.  His tempo is getting there.  Will be fun to watch this dream team machine like you say, fan or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, cdd10 said:

It was the mets lol

 

I get that and even posted it in the gameday thread. Still great to see, and how many times have I had a great pitching matching and gotten blown up? Don't care who it was against, needed that bounceback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cdd10 said:

It was the mets lol

The Mets are 14th in runs scored for the season, and 8th since the AS Break. Lol

This isn't exactly murderer's row, but this isn't a bad offense at all. So really not sure what your point here is. 

Either way, this is what you get when you move to the NL. I projected out his entire schedule the other day, but onroto has McCarthy coming back now and Yu getting SD at home instead of @ARI. Will it be a 6-man rotation? I haven't seen anything official yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

The Mets are 14th in runs scored for the season, and 8th since the AS Break. Lol

This isn't exactly murderer's row, but this isn't a bad offense at all. So really not sure what your point here is. 

Either way, this is what you get when you move to the NL. I projected out his entire schedule the other day, but onroto has McCarthy coming back now and Yu getting SD at home instead of @ARI. Will it be a 6-man rotation? I haven't seen anything official yet.

my point is the mets are not that good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Has he stopped trying to strike people out in favor of going deeper into the game?

 

0 K thru 5, but only 69 PC. But 6 HA and 2 bombs. 

 

Contact pitcher now. Great!

Edited by Members_Only_76
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mose316 said:

He just left injured the White Sox broadcasters said but he ran off field so idk. They said maybe his back is tight .

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was curious why he was done after 6. 

 

Something strange is going on this year. 

 

Between Keuchel, McCullers, and Kershaw it's been strange. Now Darvish. 

 

4 top tier pitchers with phantom injuries and I have to wonder if it's how their being managed on purpose. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

I was curious why he was done after 6. 

 

Something strange is going on this year. 

 

Between Keuchel, McCullers, and Kershaw it's been strange. Now Darvish. 

 

4 top tier pitchers with phantom injuries and I have to wonder if it's how their being managed on purpose. 

 

 

Starsburg is another...I thought maybe it was just me, but my thinking is these teams with big leads are protecting those arms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Has he stopped trying to strike people out in favor of going deeper into the game?

 

0 K thru 5, but only 69 PC. But 6 HA and 2 bombs. 

 

Contact pitcher now. Great!

Well that experiment should have ended quickly at least lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Z06vette said:

Starsburg is another...I thought maybe it was just me, but my thinking is these teams with big leads are protecting those arms. 

Yep and why the hell would you not in the Dodgers position. They bought him for the PS, so need him fresh and healthy for that.

 

Phantom DL's though are a joke and need to be eliminated from the game. But early hooks from games make total sense, whether we like it or not as fantasy owners unfortunately. Rather have pitchers on teams fighting hard to make the playoffs at this stage!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...