NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yu Darvish 2017 Outlook

I didn't want to start all 3 against an ace. When Darvish is on he is damn near unhittable.

Benintendi only had 2 multi-hit games since June 13 before tonight and has faced mostly RHPs in that span. You are lying if you expected a game like this from him tonight.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hangers, hangers, hangers. Even breaking balls as good as his get smashed if they are up.

As a first time owner ive been so frustrated with this 'ace' this year. Who says draft pitching early!

Maybe he is right to nibble so much usually? Being in the zone so much did not work, ill take a few walks if it keeps runs off the board.

Edited by swfcdan
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't help but feel disappointed with Darvish this year. He's still a top 20 pitcher in my league, but he's had way more games with strikeouts in the 4-6 range than the 7+ range we've seen before, he seems to be going just 5 or 6 innings fairly often, and there have been too many games where he's given up 3+ runs for me to feel content with him as my team's top 1/2 pitcher (I just got Bum back from his DL stint, so that'll be nice). He has kept his walks pretty low, so that's nice, but all in all he hasn't been dominating as much as we've seen in the past. He's still been ok, but not on that top, top tier

On 7/5/2017 at 11:46 AM, Pablo989 said:

He was so damn good a few weeks ago. He held the Yankees/Astros to a combined 3 hits! Frustrating as hell.

Like to see him throwing for the Yankees by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, MrWannaBee said:

Like to see him throwing for the Yankees by the end of the month.

Same. Darvish has the ability but is not getting any run support. 14 QS with only 6 wins. He'd probably be 12-4 right now on a better team.

Edited by Pablo989
Typo
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Jeezus.  You really are an extremist, aren't you?

In some situations.  Mostly just trying to find humor in Dee homering off him.  Darvish is a stud.  No complaints. 

On 7/16/2017 at 2:14 PM, Hollywood42 said:

I can't help but feel disappointed with Darvish this year. He's still a top 20 pitcher in my league, but he's had way more games with strikeouts in the 4-6 range than the 7+ range we've seen before, he seems to be going just 5 or 6 innings fairly often, and there have been too many games where he's given up 3+ runs 

Well... I think you're misremembering. His innings pitched the past 9 starts:

8, 6.2, 7.1, 4.1, 6, 7, 5, 7, 7.1 

So in 6 of his last 9 starts hes made it into the 7th, and only twice has he failed to finish at least 6 innings. And hes only given up more than 3ER in 2 of those.

Edited by cs3

10 earned. Wtf?! Why is he throwing fastballs down the middle on two strike counts? 

He's either hurt or not trying. Either way Super disturbed. 

Edited by Members_Only_76