NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Duffy 2017 Outlook

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a STUD tonight. This was what I was looking for. His numbers could've even been better - two infield singles, the double by Headly was a 2-strike end-of-the-bat ball that snuck down the line, and the Hicks homer was likely a double in most parks. Duffy was throwing 95 in the 7th. I saw at least 80 of his pitches, and I didn't see a single one below 94 mph. He played off that well with his off-speed stuff. If he maintains the stuff he had tonight, I'd be fully on board as an SP2 moving forward. 

Edited by Red Sox Nation

Absolute stud, as set and forget as it gets right now.

Came here to say what has already been said, plenty left in the tank still hitting 95 mph on his 91st pitch. He was getting ahead of hitters with the off-speed stuff, just hung one in the middle of the plate to Carter for that no doubt bomb.

"He's a clear sell". Even Eno Sarris and other Saber gurus were fooled by this dude.

Somebody posted he might have had dead arm after the WBC a few pages ago. Props to that poster, might have been right after all. None the less, stud going forward.

Edited by !!!

Basically if you're close in some categories that you're looking to steal and Duffy is your only pitcher going....it's best to just bench because Duffy is a ticking time bomb. 

Edited by crotchcrickets
26 minutes ago, Highlander72 said:

Not watching on tv but live cast showing the ump squeezing him pretty hard. Blatant strike zone pitches getting called balls. 

3-1 pitch to Roberto Perez was right down pipe called ball.  He's been dreadful today though.  A lot of hard hit balls.  A few cheap shot bloops.  Just couldn't get it going with command today.

Edited by Cmilne23
1 hour ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Velo was back down. The rbi's were mainly bloop hits but there was plenty of loud contact. I had high hopes for him, but today was a big step backwards. 

Its a rollercoaster with this guy. I wonder if he just wakes up some mornings and just doesn't have it.

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Duffy left with runners on base and the Royals brought horrible Seth Maness in who promptly let them all score. Duffy should have had more like 3 or 4 ER, but still not good. I give him a pass on this one, the Indians are tough.

except he faces them again next week...ugh

10 hours ago, Highlander72 said:

Not watching on tv but live cast showing the ump squeezing him pretty hard. Blatant strike zone pitches getting called balls. 

Was following gamecast and noticed the same thing. If you can, watch the first 3 innings again. There were a lot of pitches hitting the inside corner of the plate low and high in the strike zone being called balls. When I saw that I knew he was doomed because he had to adjust for the ump.

Think it got into his head that if he did not throw right down the middle of the plate it would be called a ball; definitely threw off his pitching location today. There must be research out there on home plate ump strike zone tendencies.

He's going to get lit up on occasion but K/9 is big to me. Owning him is like white-water rafting - not all fun and games. I think in roto this year there will be a line you can sign off on (if you stick with him) all said and done. I have him in a QS league.