NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Lucas Duda 2017 Outlook

soisoisoi

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, t2green2 said:

Starting to hit like it's 2015....

made the add for this up coming 7 game week.  Didn't bother to check the pitching matchups (should have) but he's been rolling along nicely lately.  He has power and a good enough eye to take his share of walks so there is some fantasy upside here.  Biggest worry is he can stay healthy for the whole week.   Guess I am adding no new information here...  

1 hour ago, knuckleheads said:

made the add for this up coming 7 game week.  Didn't bother to check the pitching matchups (should have) but he's been rolling along nicely lately.  He has power and a good enough eye to take his share of walks so there is some fantasy upside here.  Biggest worry is he can stay healthy for the whole week.   Guess I am adding no new information here...  

Unless something changes I see all rightys 

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 4:05 PM, knuckleheads said:

A second worry is he might just cool down a bit. Got a little too homer happy for my comfort last week. Streaky guy...

1 hour ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

2 homeruns today. I remember owning this dude years ago and he would hit homeruns in bunches. Anything to see here? I'm a Conforto and cespedes owner so I'm skeptical of his spot in the lineup when Cespedes returns 

I think he sits vs the tougher lefties.  Hoping he gets in there against a few of them though.  When healthy he can be very valuable...

6 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

something looks different with this guy. he is an animal right now.

I mean, on this 451-foot blast you can literally see a vapor trail behind the ball (if you look closely)

prediction: from this point forward, Duda outproduces all the 1B breakouts/renaissances (Shaw/Alonso/Smoak/Zimmerman/Reynolds etc.)

You left out bour 

9 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

something looks different with this guy. he is an animal right now.

I mean, on this 451-foot blast you can literally see a vapor trail behind the ball (if you look closely)

prediction: from this point forward, Duda outproduces all the 1B breakouts/renaissances (Shaw/Alonso/Smoak/Zimmerman/Reynolds etc.)

If he stays healthy and if he doesn't sit vs every lefty I would agree. 

• 1 month later...

I'm picking up Duda as a speculative pick-up prior to the deadline. Three bombs his last five games and he's currently:

-8th in ISO

-Top 30 in SLG%.

-Top 15 in AVG Exit Velocity (+2 MPH from last season with a 18.9 degree launch angle).

If he gets traded to a contender (praying Yankees), he could have sneaky good value the rest of the season. At the very least he can start for you against righties and mash.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:01 AM, Fenamo said:

I'm picking up Duda as a speculative pick-up prior to the deadline. Three bombs his last five games and he's currently:

-8th in ISO

-Top 30 in SLG%.

-Top 15 in AVG Exit Velocity (+2 MPH from last season with a 18.9 degree launch angle).

If he gets traded to a contender (praying Yankees), he could have sneaky good value the rest of the season. At the very least he can start for you against righties and mash.

Would Yankees be interested in Duda after trading for Frazier?