NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lance McCullers 2017 Outlook

Not super worried about an innings limit. I don't have the math in front of me, but I can recall a number of games this year where they took him out at 90-something pitches. I think they will keep doing that and we probably won't get many 110+ pitch games but I think he will go all year. High strikeout rate, good groundball rate and great underlying numbers. STUD 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

McCullers will certainly stay in the rotation for the rest of the season. If anything, they will skip starts once in a while or just pull him a little early from games.

This. 

The only way he gets a true IP limit is if they go out and trade for someone to replace him - even if it's a 3.4-type ERA pitcher. But the odds of it happening, I think, are pretty slim... This team looks Cubs-like.

Have an offer on the table where I would give up EE straight for this guy. Can he continue pitching like an ace or am I trading for a guy where he has already pitched his best baseball of the season?? 

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Have an offer on the table where I would give up EE straight for this guy. Can he continue pitching like an ace or am I trading for a guy where he has already pitched his best baseball of the season?? 

Check out the bench coach help forum.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/23-bench-coach-help-forum/

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I don;t think this question qualifies. I am not asking is the trade fair or should I do the deal, I am strictly wondering about the thoughts on Mccullers ros outlook.. 

He will continue giving you elite stats, however don't expect more than 6 innings per start. (It helps that Houston has a great bullpen to preserve his leads). And health is always a big risk with this guy.

Edited by lassetjus
Just now, chud12 said:

I don;t think this question qualifies. I am not asking is the trade fair or should I do the deal, I am strictly wondering about the thoughts on Mccullers ros outlook.. 

Well that makes all the difference in the world!  Why even mention you have the offer?

Just now, jb_power said:

Well that makes all the difference in the world!  Why even mention you have the offer?

Well that is just I thinking as I am typing pretty much. Yea the first part was irrelevant.. 

Would be kinda odd timing to use the DL as a way to skip him since Keuchel is currently on the DL now too. My guess is he probably felt a little something in his back last start and they're just being overly cautious about it. Hopefully he's back before too long, would really love to get 180 innings out of him in roto year this.