Homerj24

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/12/2017 at 5:43 AM, bluejays95 said:

Through the first 2 months last year (52 games) Votto had a 57/28 K/BB

Over the next 4 months he had a 63/80 K/BB ratio 

He was looking bad early too last year. Just gotta hold and wait for him to come around. 

Yep. He had a 23,5 K% in April and an even worse 29,8 K% in May. 

After that:

19,0 K% 

17,6 K%

10,9 K%

7,6 K%

1 hour ago, Heisenberg90 said:

It's insane that a guy who batted over .400 in the second half last year is capable of a cold streak that lasts longer than a week. It's like he gets amnesia at the beginning of the season and has to learn how to hit again. 

Yeah I forget the quote he had early season last year where he compared his swing to a fine piece of machinery. He basically said he's adjusting and it takes time to get his swing going. I have total faith, one of the best pure hitters out there, certainly the most cerebral about it.

just a friendly reminder: aside from his injury-plagued 2014, Votto's worst slash line in the past decade is .297|.368|.506, his sophomore season.

he is 33, but in good shape. still has loads of sperm great baseball left in him. 

looks like things are clicking for Billy Hamilton, too, and if Peraza has a good year, Votto's annual 85-95 RBI could make a jump.

yeah, it's rough right now. he looks like a cricket player just fighting off pitches (bowls?). It might not be insane to snag Ryan Zimmerman in the interim and plug him in while Votto "tinkers". 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

On 4/14/2017 at 7:10 AM, Fiveohnine said:

Might not be a bad idea to start making reasonable offers for him if you don't already own him.

Around this time last year I got Votto for Matt Harvey.

Just minutes ago I got him for Kyle Seager (7x7 h2h w/ obp) - and Seager is off to a worse start than he is. 

1 hour ago, happymedium11 said:

tell me about it. can't stand looking at the fantasy lineup page and seeing 0/4 next to his name much longer. SMFH he's been a dissapointment so far. 

Seriously? Do you even look at the stat sheet? In his last 11 games, he went without a hit in only two games. That span includes two homeruns and 5 RBIs, 7 runs. What are you complaining about again?

Oh and by the way, another great game tonight.

That first at bat was great and vintage Votto. He did hack at the first two, then patiently worked a walk.

1 minute ago, mtblock said:

Seriously? Do you even look at the stat sheet? In his last 11 games, he went without a hit in only two games. That span includes two homeruns and 5 RBIs, 7 runs. What are you complaining about again?

Oh and by the way, another great game tonight.

That first at bat was great and vintage Votto. He did hack at the first two, then patiently worked a walk.

nope. just a casual bball fan. i must have just remembered his 0/4 night sticking out in my mind. but he's slumping early. hopefully he gets it going. that homedinger does help tonight. i see some digits other than 0 next to his name which i approve of.